overall

RATINGS: 1339   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Samuel Adams® Latitude 48 IPA is a unique IPA brewed with a select blend of hops from top German, English, and American growing regions all located close to the 48th latitude within the “hop belt” of the Northern Hemisphere. The combination of hops in this beer creates a distinctive but not overpowering hop character. The beer is dry hopped with Ahtanum, Simcoe®*, and East Kent Goldings hops for a powerful citrus and earthy aroma. The hop character is balanced by a slight sweetness and full body from the malt blend.

zagorka (1) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - JUN 13, 2012 does not count
I am just wondering why this brilliant beer has approximately low rating...This is my beloved beer ! Real beer - incredible bitter taste, a lot of hops, look at the color - real good old fashioned brown color, nice aftertaste...If somebody is asking me what to drink and which beer to choose in all USA I will say: " Drink Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA" Congratulations for the brewmasters and the creators of this REAL beer !

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jmissirlis (6) - Massachusetts, USA - SEP 14, 2013 does not count
Latitude 48 is my newest favorite beer. I like IPAs and I usually purchase micros like Dogfish etc. I picked up a 12 of these for fraction of the cost of the micros and damn-it-all, I must say I like this better. I’m a Sam fan, but this is by far there best non-craft brew. I hope they start making this year-round. Winner winner chicken dinner!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Lunchb0x (20) - Prestonsburg, Kentucky, USA - MAY 25, 2013
Very good brew! Nice creamy head, deep in color and the bite I'd expect from an IPA! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Splitenz (331) - Oslo, NORWAY - MAY 1, 2014
This is probably my favorite "simple" IPA. It is really lovely to drink, and one of few of the type I have no problem drinking directly from the bottle. I love its "cousins", the other variants from the Latitude. Great concept. The hops are very "level headed" in this beer, so not too much to the front, just very well balanced. A beer I wish I could get in my grocery store here in Oslo (but can’t can’t because of Norway’s draconian alcohol laws).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mrhoppy (1285) - Santa Clara, California, USA - MAY 24, 2011
Classic aroma. This one is rich and toasty with a medium body. Silky and smooth to drink. Spicy and bitter with a sweetness that is perfect. really good. The alcohol is noticeable. This I would buy again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jandd1983 (2761) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - JAN 29, 2011
12 oz bottle. Pours a reddish amber color with a small off white long lasting head. It has a wonderfully complex hop aroma and hop taste. I taste pine,resin and grass with a bread like taste from the malt. I really like the bitterness and don’t miss the typical grapefruit flavor at all. I really enjoyed this beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
phildorsey (161) - Fort Carson, Colorado, USA - APR 3, 2011
12oz. Bottle. Pous golden clear and very fizzy. Incredibly hoppy with just the right combination of taste and alcohol content. Possibly the best beer by the people at Sam Adams, competes with the best IPA’s i’ve sampled over the years.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
yesyouam (1016) - Fairport, New York, USA - OCT 21, 2012
Samuel Adams Latitude 48 IPA is a super clear amber ale with a thick, off white, lumpy foam that has outstanding retention. It has a fresh, fruity, grassy aroma with an earthy quality to it. It has a smooth, medium light body with a crisp, clean finish. The flavor is nicely balanced. Crackery, peppery malt frames a nice wooden hop flavor. It tastes fruity but dry. The bitterness is never extreme. What a well crafted beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Braudog (5903) - Traveling the USA, Missouri, USA - MAY 23, 2010
Bottle. Copper-bronze with a thick frothy head. Nice restrained hoppy aroma. Drinks with a nice tight bitterness, not too bullying though like some American IPAs can be. There’s a big solid malt foundation to this too. Delicious. (#3912, 5/23/2010)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dwyerpg (4654) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 7, 2010
Nice floral hop aroma. Dark red color. This has some nice hop bite right away, caramely malt following. A dry hop finish but medium in intensity. Quite tasty; one of my favorite sam adams beers.