overall

RATINGS: 295   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
This ancient Finnish-style brew dates back to the 1500s as one of the oldest continuously brewed styles. Deep amber in color, this rugged brew’s distinctive aroma and flavor comes from aging on a bed of juniper berries. The herbal, woodsy, and ripe citrus character of the juniper enlivens a sturdy and smooth malt backbone for a fresh and flavorful brew. At Samuel Adams we love experimenting, This series of limited edition brews represents some of our favorite small batch creations.

gschrade (693) - Collinsville, USA - OCT 30, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. Pours a amber with off white head. Taste a little fruity. I thought this was very good. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
LucindaT3 (1) - - JUN 14, 2012 does not count
This is a great representation of a Sahti - the junpier berries with the hallertau hops are awesome!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Pasijussi (8) - California, USA - OCT 28, 2012 does not count
Tämä on hyvää! Ok, this may be not what you would expect from traditional sahti if you were lucky enough to have actually tasted it. I have not had the pleasure so in my book this qualifies as sahti quite fine - and I am Finnish. Enjoy this brew only slightly chilled and the flavours come out. Almost too sweet at first going down but then the juniper berries kick in and aftertaste is downright sour making you look forward to another sip. A very good effort from Sam Adams and much appreciated. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
WyrdWill (1) - Ohio, USA - JUL 10, 2012 does not count
This is one of the finest juniper brews I have ever had. If you made this in 12oz, 12 packs ,I would get one or two ever week. Truth! WyrdWill

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
finn1918 (193) - Georgia, USA - JAN 24, 2013
Batch 1. Pours a deep ruby amber with a finger of off-white fluffy head. Aroma is roasted malts, gingersnaps, and some faint pine hops (or it might be the juniper, hard to tell.) Taste is amber ale with a sweet cookie finish and some subtle juniper. Thick, savory mouthfeel. This is my first sahti review, but this is an excellent ale.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
NeoHippie2 (996) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - AUG 26, 2012
This was very interesting and complex. Pours a deep copper into the glass with a generous head. Aroma of hops, malts, and a fruity presence there as well (due to the juniper berries). Really complex mouthfeel on this one too. So many flavors going on there, its very well balanced no one flavor stands out too much or is too overpowering. It says it has an abv of 7% and it doesn’t strike me as having any strong alcoholish taste or aroma. Thumbs up from me, give it a try if you can find it!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
BOSSbrewer (1643) - Arkansas, USA - SEP 5, 2013
Very nice. Entered this beer on a different app and I'm not able to import my comments unfortunately.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SPDickerman (955) - Texas, USA - JUN 23, 2012
Pours clear mahogany with a tight beige head. Smells a bit like gin. Taste is a bit like caramel and then lots of juniper berries. Light-to-medium bodied with a slick texture and mild mouth-carbonation, Samuel Adams Norse Legend finishes with a touch of spice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
efecher (70) - Long Valley, New Jersey, USA - MAY 4, 2012
Juniper notes and caramel malt in this one. My first Sahti and I’m definitely liking this style. Why I love Sam, they aren’t afraid to experiment and when they release something, it really represents its style. Very delicious. Dates back to the Vikings, and then the old Finns. These small batch brews keep getting better!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Levihaag (1) - Connecticut, USA - JUN 16, 2012 does not count
Very good beer, not at all what I expected from one of the novelty brews. I look forward to drinking it again! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone