overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 2668   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
The first thing you notice when pouring a glass of this seasonal beer is the color. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest has a rich, deep golden amber hue which itself is reflective of the season. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest is a malt lover’s dream, masterfully blending together four roasts of barley to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. The beer is kept from being overly sweet by the elegant bitterness imparted by the German Noble hops. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest provides a wonderful transition from the lighter beers of summer to the winter’s heartier brews.
Beer vintage abv varies from 5.0% to 5.5%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jhliesen (831) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - AUG 27, 2005
Bottle-Yes, I know that Oktoberfest takes place in September, but must we have this beer in August-- one of the labels says that Winter Lager is not far behind, yikes!!! Anyway, this is one of my favorites and once I have one I know that the hot weather is almost gone. Pours a deep amber with a fizzy head that reduces quickly. The aroma is malty with a slight roasted taste. This year’s brew seems a little on the watery side, though. Drink up knowing that fall and football are not far away. Publix/$6.79

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
lamas (1551) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 27, 2005
Bottle. Purchase before: 02/06. Different label than that in the picture. Ah yes...THE beer that, to me, signifies the start of one of the best times of the year. A favorite of my girlfriend and one of the first beers I got into when I started my transition away from the macro swill about 6 years ago. A rich copper pour with a nicely-sized fizzy tan head. Aroma is all malty with ample amounts of caramel and toffee. Surprisingly roasty and rich aroma for a Sam Adams brew. This could be attributed to the freshness. I don’t recall ever drinking this so early in the year. Taste is fairly malty with some toffee and just a touch of a bitter finish. Thin, but not watery. A solid beer that brings back many great memories.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
gatorbeer (148) - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA - AUG 23, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2005 Good Octoberfest beer. My favorite Sam Adams. Flavorful but not overpowering. I make sure to get a six pack every season.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
crizay (1050) - Brook Park, Ohio, USA - AUG 23, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 11, 2006 Dark amber, huge white head. First taste is a pretty sweet caramel followed by a nice toased flavor maybe biscuit malt. Kinda sweet, malty, very little hop bite to it. I actually like this a lot I know it’s not a huge beer but not every beer has to be big to be good, it’s just a good tasting easy drinking beer that you can sit back and enjoy several of in a row.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SSSteve (4006) - - AUG 22, 2005
pretty good malt and flowery hop aroma. copper color. malty flavor with hints of banana and a slight hop finish. smooth and mild palate. nothing robust but good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
donrajin (233) - Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, USA - AUG 21, 2005
This was ok, but I just can’t get the taste for this style of beer. It tasted pretty much like any other Octoberfest I’ve had. Ok, but not great. It had a great apperance, but thats all I can say for this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JoshuaB (476) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - AUG 14, 2005
Poured a deep copper orange. Aroma of freshly toasted bread. Nice sweet roasty flavor. Hops are slightly noticeable to round out a nice brew. Get it when it comes to the stores so you can have a nice fresh sample.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ZOSOMAN12020 (28) - Malta, New York, USA - AUG 12, 2005
New ’05 batch; bottled 7/30/05,per date code. Extremely fresh taste-one of the freshest bottled beers I’ve tasted. Flavor very consistent year-to-year, malty, smooth, very drinkable. This is the earliest I’ve ever seen this in the stores; Heck it’s still Summer....but it’s good

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
CamdenD (1181) - Madrid, SPAIN - AUG 5, 2005
Not a giant fan of this one -- just not a huge marzen fan I suppose, but this one had a lot of malty gooiness and not a lot else. Emph.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 28, 2005
this might be my favorite sam adams beer. it has such a good flavor and smooth drinkablity. a good holiday beer.