Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 2686   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
The first thing you notice when pouring a glass of this seasonal beer is the color. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest has a rich, deep golden amber hue which itself is reflective of the season. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest is a malt lover’s dream, masterfully blending together four roasts of barley to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. The beer is kept from being overly sweet by the elegant bitterness imparted by the German Noble hops. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest provides a wonderful transition from the lighter beers of summer to the winter’s heartier brews.
Beer vintage abv varies from 5.0% to 5.5%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sneagrams3 (2337) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 2, 2005
12z bottle. Nice pour. Good head with tiny bubbles. Amber colored. Light malt nose. Flavor has good sugary caramel notes. Decent hop finish that is not too overly dry. Well rounded and flavorful. My first oktoberfest of the year!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
etaggie09 (21) - College Station, Texas, USA - SEP 2, 2005
reddish amber with an off-white slowly diminishing head. A fair amount of lacing. I had worse expectations. lots of sweet malt with some grainy smells as well sweet malty taste and a slightly bitter, watery taste. A little alcohol is present. This is kind of a one-dimensional beer. It’s an Octoberfest, so its not gonna blow me away, but I have had better. The malts are definately too weak here. a little watery, but the carbonation was done fairly well. I could have a bunch of these. I had a couple out of the bottle while watching a football game and eating Taco Bell and it was great. I think its a good session brew for football games, though I would definately take Boston Lager over it. Not bad for what it is. If you are looking for flavor, go somewhere else, but if you want a beer with more flavor than Budweiser, but the same drinkability for those long football game parties, try a Sam Adams.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
puzzl (3259) - New York, New York, USA - SEP 2, 2005
Fruity, malty... well balanced flavor. Friends liked it, so that’s always good I guess, for a general "drinkable" beer. Wen’t down pretty easy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
tennisjoel (1376) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - SEP 1, 2005
Crimson color. Thick long lasting head. Malty aroma. Sweet on the palate. A good bready syrupy flavor. Overall a decent brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Fantomas23 (463) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 1, 2005
Amber lager. Looks like an Oktoberfest, tastes like a Sam Adams. Somewhat sweeter with caramel flavor and balanced by the hops. Not as bad as Lowenbrau but not as good as Hacker-Pschorr.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BitchesBrew (716) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - SEP 1, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2006 [tap] Pours a dark amber color, not too much head to speak of. Sweet, malty flavors with a slight bitterness. Average, overall.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
theshocker (329) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2005
Copper color, medium off-white head which fades quickly. Claims to be malty but I found it well-balanced. Nutty caramel flavor. Not bad...for a lager

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
MmmmCheese (29) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - AUG 31, 2005
A nice light brown color without much of a scent. Definite malted taste but not very exciting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jhliesen (831) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - AUG 27, 2005
Bottle-Yes, I know that Oktoberfest takes place in September, but must we have this beer in August-- one of the labels says that Winter Lager is not far behind, yikes!!! Anyway, this is one of my favorites and once I have one I know that the hot weather is almost gone. Pours a deep amber with a fizzy head that reduces quickly. The aroma is malty with a slight roasted taste. This year’s brew seems a little on the watery side, though. Drink up knowing that fall and football are not far away. Publix/$6.79

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
lamas (1573) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 27, 2005
Bottle. Purchase before: 02/06. Different label than that in the picture. Ah yes...THE beer that, to me, signifies the start of one of the best times of the year. A favorite of my girlfriend and one of the first beers I got into when I started my transition away from the macro swill about 6 years ago. A rich copper pour with a nicely-sized fizzy tan head. Aroma is all malty with ample amounts of caramel and toffee. Surprisingly roasty and rich aroma for a Sam Adams brew. This could be attributed to the freshness. I don’t recall ever drinking this so early in the year. Taste is fairly malty with some toffee and just a touch of a bitter finish. Thin, but not watery. A solid beer that brings back many great memories.