overall

RATINGS: 1416   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Spicy and bold, a big Christmas cookie of a beer. Samuel Adams Old Fezziwig Ale is bursting with spices of the season. With a remarkably full body and flavor it helps those long winter nights pass more quickly. The rich taste hits the palate with a depth of malt character ranging from sweet toffee and caramel notes to dark, roasty chocolate notes. Then the spices come in full force. Cinnamon, ginger and orange peel dance on the tongue bringing with them the celebratory spirit of the season.

REDDOGICE (202) - nantucket, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 21, 2008
Old Fezziwig is a classic amongst my friends and I. I detect many spices associated with the holidays in this delectable beer. It’s a shame that this is only available in the holiday pack.

beerthirty22 (5) - Newnan, Georgia, USA - NOV 9, 2009 does not count
Tastes like all the different kinds of Xmas cookies smashed up and jammed into a bottle of Porter !! FRIGGEN DELICIOUS

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 11, 2001
After hearing the name I had to try this beer. I was not disapointed because the beer had a rich robust taste with an intresting flavor.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Big_Pete (32) - Missouri, USA - OCT 23, 2011
Wish this didnít come in the holiday pack. Tasted like a Christmas cookie in beer form. Canít wait to have it again this year.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
damzz (253) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 9, 2012
Sam stopped brewing Old Fezziwig but brought it back after those who loved it raised a hue and cry. Fezziwig is a lighter version of - now Iím in trouble - Anchor Celebration Ale. This does not make it an inferior ale simply different. The aroma is spice. The appearance is a translucent deep brown. Head and lacing are thin and quickly dissipate. The body is full. The spice hit is full. You know this is not just another ale. The malty sweetness is encapsulated by the spiceness with an ensuing following hops bittereness all dancing on your tongue. Love Christmas ales! But then I love Christmas because of Jesus. Merry Christmas!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Lageraven (2) - - NOV 20, 2013 does not count
Wonderful coffee chocolate hint of cinnamon not to sweet loved this brew on a cold night. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Choke (96) - Massachusetts, USA - NOV 20, 2002
I AM A SAM MAN AND THIS STUFF IS THE BEST THEY MAKE,,,,,NICE BROWN, SMOOTH HEAD, AND BEST OF AL IT TASTES GREAT

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mbptp301 (11) - USA - DEC 4, 2006
This is the beer that led me to start rating beers. When I first tasted it I almost cramped my cheeks from smiling. I can go on and on about it, however, I am just typing so I can get the required charicters to rate it. In my opinion, it is quite simply the best beer Iíve ever had. Smooth, dark etc etc etc...Just try it. It is fantastic....

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Willdrink4beer99 (9) - USA - APR 2, 2002 does not count
very very good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
khayman70 (154) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - DEC 18, 2002
I love the seasonal beers and this is about my favorite. I love the cinnamon flavor combined with the dark malts.