overall

RATINGS: 533   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.28   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Rebel IPA is brewed with 5 varieties of West coast hops: cascade, simcoe, centennial, chinook, & amarillo. It’s everything we love about West coast style IPA’s. Big citrus & grapefruit flavors with subtle pine notes for a flavorful refreshing brew.

larryLSB's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
larryLSB (418) - La Selva Beach, California, USA - FEB 26, 2014
Poured from 12 oz bottle, clear,copper gold with a medium white head. Interesting nose; sweet, malty, like a sweet orange. Taste is somewhat balanced, leaning towards the bitter. Medium bodied with an abrupt finish. Pleasantly surprising for SA, its not too bad.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mintzmeet (198) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 22, 2014
No smell. Not a lot of flavor for an IPA. pretty mild. Strongest flavor is an astringent bitterness. Slightly lemony, black pepper. Pale, not great. bland.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
KyotoLefty (6299) - Kyoto, JAPAN - AUG 22, 2014
Bottled. Citrus and pine hops, medium maltiness with a bit of caramel but not much. Grapefruit. Straightforward and drinkable. Not exactly West Coast IMO.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BlackHaddock (3605) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - AUG 20, 2014
11th July 2014 sees me on Balboa Island in Newport Beach, the women folk are shopping and I am thirsty, so the only option is the ’Village Pub’, the trendy, expensive and foodie place on the main drag. In here the tap selection is truly crap for a beer hunter, so I had this after a Samuel Adams ’Summer Ale’. I prefered this. Clear golden pour with a white lasting head that produced some good lacing. Hoppy and bitter, thirst quenching with a citrusy backbone. Crisp and tangy, one of the best beers I have had from the Boston Beer Company, not that I have had that many.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Mikebov (4) - Grandville, USA - AUG 14, 2014 does not count
pretty average ipa. not bad but not great. smells of pine. decent carbonation. meh

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rollinsr (383) - Atlanta, GEORGIA - AUG 13, 2014
Pours clear gold with frothy white head. Aroma is sprucey citrus. flavor is light with a rounded hop profile. Not too bitter and not too sweet, just an easy drinking IPA.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Insertpunhere (28) - Illinois, USA - AUG 12, 2014
I had completely avoided buying this beer, I happened to be at a bar in which a sample was opened and I was offered a taste. I honestly think this is terrible. A sad attempt at a West Coast IPA. Totally out of balance, in the worst way possible. The smell is better than the taste. As my beer warmed, the smell turned to hops mixed with urine. I don’t know what the hell they did to this thing, but it isn’t good. The taste is hoppy with some malt, but it completely falls short. I tasted this against a Stone IPA, and guess what? Stone blew it away. Wow. Just a shit beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
dutch23mp (270) - Mount Prospect, Illinois, USA - AUG 8, 2014
I’ve been on an IPA kick for a few months. Have had a lot of great IPA’s unfortunately this is not one. Balance seems totally off like someone tried to make their normal lager and over hop it. Does nothing for me at all. I say this as I think their lager is a fine beer especially on tap

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
seanperry (1) - ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 8, 2014 does not count
I’m not much for words and I don’t think I can pick out all the flavors and aromas but this is definitely an ok beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
olsvammel (3030) - Örebro, SWEDEN - AUG 8, 2014
On tap at Örebro Ölcafé. Hoppy smell with grapefruit, grass and fruits. Similar taste but also some pine. Strong and long bitterness. Slightly harsh mouthfeel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
freekyp (1483) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - AUG 7, 2014
A simple take on the west coast IPA style that showcases piny hops that deliver an earthy bitter whack. Bright spicy nose, long bittersweet finish. Malt backing is simple and lightly sweet, and acts as a good foil for the long finish. Lacks the bright fruitiness present in others of its ilk, however, and winds u p falling a little flat.