overall

RATINGS: 240   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Pale gold in color; Malty and crisp with a definite malty/cereal note and an elegant, balanced hop spiciness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
lizziesage (180) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - FEB 15, 2001
The joy of drinking a ’spring’ ale in February. A clear, bubbly beer that is warm and cheery. A fruity mouthfeel and beer aroma make for a nice drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Sammys (428) - Portland, Maine, USA - FEB 12, 2001
Well, this seems decent enough, good balance and refreshing, but I don’t think January was the best time of year to release this one, it seems better suited as a summer ale. Perhaps I’ll try another one then and see if I like it better.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Shazbat (100) - USA - FEB 6, 2001

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - DEC 15, 2000
This is a Kolsch style ale according to the lable. I’ve got to admit that I’m not terribly knowledgeable about this style. It’s very light in color, and full of flavor. It finishes pretty dry, and the hops (German noble hops) are very apparent. I like this ale. I’d guess it has a higher than average alcohol content. (I just looked it up and it’s 5.2%, so not as strong as I was thinking.) Anyway... a great, clean tasting, light ale.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Oakes (12361) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 2, 2000
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2003 Light golden. Husky malt aroma, some fresh apple, hints of grass, wheat. Light pale malt notes, some grass. Sweetish (~18 IBUS), slightly honeyish finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - NOV 16, 2000
Another lackluster brew from Sam - on my list its in between Pale Ale and Summer Ale - Definitely crisp and refereshing - nice on a hot day - the presentation is okay - very thin color and body - minimal head retention - well balanced in the hop/malt department and not necessarily a bad brew - just not one I like nor one I’d expect from SA. Cheers!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2000
This is probably the only SA product I would pass on. Nothing outstanding or discerning to me here. Clean and refreshing, but very light and kind of bland.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerman991979 (137) - Old Town, Maine, USA - OCT 4, 2000
good clean taste.. slightly heavier than say the summer ale, but lighter than the oktoberfest or winter. Good malty taste with a mildly hoppy aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - SEP 7, 2000
I have liked all Sam’s beers that I have tasted. good malt nose, fair on the hop end. Clean and fresh.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20