overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 2201   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.94   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Samuel Adamsģ Summer Ale is an American wheat ale. This summer seasonal uses malted wheat, lemon zest and Grains of Paradise, a rare pepper from Africa first used as a brewing spice in the 13th century, to create a crisp taste, spicy flavor and medium body. The ale fermentation imparts a background tropical fruit note reminiscent of mangos and peaches. All of these flavors come together to create a thirst quenching, clean finishing beer perfect for those warm summer days.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 30, 2002
Slight citrus smell, tangy taste, and a strong tangy aftertaste. An average beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
AxeMaster221 (343) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 29, 2002
Ok, grains of paradise just sound good. The beer itself however, was nothing special, and the slight lemony flavor... well I dont like lemon in my beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Light, refreshing, and good change if itís on tap...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JFGrind (1847) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 25, 2002
I like having a Sam Adams seasonal on draft. This brew has a summer flavor (lemony and lightly hopped) that I enjoy.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jcalbi (378) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 24, 2002
Nice fruity aroma with a cloudy golden color. Flavor of citrus and butterscotch in this particular draft version. When all else fails you can almos never ever go wrong with S.A.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
007lund (92) - Ann Arbor, USA - JUL 24, 2002
I was excited when I got this because it is a wheat beer. It smells great and looks nice. And then I tasted it. Itís more like lemon juice than anything, so if youíre into that, then this beer is for you. As for me, Iíll pass.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
areitz (5) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 23, 2002 does not count
On certain occassions this is one of my favorite beers but mostly I come away with this tangy after taste. Overall I like the crispy citrus taste of this beer but I think it should offer more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
morebier4me (140) - New York, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Not bad ... funny tasting.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Indra (2621) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUL 21, 2002
Sweet & sour aroma, some hop and spice. Hazy amber coloration, effervescent. Flavor profile is largely wheat malt, but the additional ingredients come into play most noticeably towards the finish. Some citrusy spice flavors for the aftertaste as well. Light bodied, somewhat crisp mouthfeel. Decent enough, I suppose.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
k2 (146) - USA - JUL 20, 2002
Not a real powerful beer. Pretty clean finish.