Samuel Adams Titanium Ale

(RETIRED)
Samuel Adams Titanium Ale
     click to upload

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Cask-conditioned American Pale Ale

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bierkoning (9826) - La Tropica, NETHERLANDS - JUN 18, 2004
GBBF ’03, cask. I lost my notes on this beer, but I still remember tasting this one called platinum. A dark appearance, full bodied and malty with some hops and citrus. I tasted more alcohol than the 6,5 ABV mentioned. A good beer, a little exaggerated maybe.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hildigöltur (5104) - København, DENMARK - JUN 3, 2004
At the BSF at GBBF03 I tasted a beer called Platinum Ale. I sent an email to Sam Adams and they told me that it was this one. [Cask conditioned] Quite sweet and strong flavour. It has some strange unidentifiable taste notes. Some bitterness. Interesting.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 12, 2002
Cask contioned at NERAX 5/4/02..Remarkably smooth for 6.5%,fruity(citrus) notes,earthy/floral hop notes, decent malt balance,slighlty sour,but yet amazingly refreshing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - MAY 6, 2002
cask conditioned. Perhaps the only ballsy offering from Sammy. quite IPA like. Dark appearance. Citrus, malt aroma. grapefruit flavours. Very bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - MAY 5, 2002
CASK- I really enjoyed this beer. It’s sweet, with floral and citrus notes, a nice light crisp palate, which I enjoyed in this beer One of the better Sam Adams beers I’ve had

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
npdempse (934) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - MAR 5, 2002
Patriot, yes. Brewer--well, not if you judge by this offering. Unpleasant, sour flat offering with a huge weird buttery diacetyl flavor. If they ever choose to brew this again, avoid it.