Samuel Adams Triple Bock

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 1032   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 540   ABV: 18%
Triple Bock is complex, elegant, and has the depth and complexity of a fine cognac, vintage port or an old sherry. Non-carbonated, ruby-black, and very special, Triple Bock should be sipped from a small snifter in a two-ounce serving. This is a beer to savor, and sip slowly. Triple Bock has a brandy-like warmth and a complex melange of fruity, woody, and toffee-like flavors. Let the aroma fill your mouth and nose with rich malt and fruit overtones. Savor and appreciate its enormous character. Serve Triple Bock as you would a fine sherry, at room temperature, in a small snifter. One bottle generously serves two or three. Recork and store standing up. Once poured into a small glass, the layers of aroma and flavor will continue to evolve as the deep ruby brew warms in the hand.

There have been only three vintages produced: 1994, 1995 and 1997, but bottles can still be found in the marketplace. 1994 and 1995 vintages are marked as such on the back label; 1997 vintage is not.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
wade (58) - Decatur, Georgia, USA - SEP 22, 2000
One sip was all I could take.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
BudMan (17) - Kennesaw, Georgia, USA - SEP 22, 2000
Can anyone say Soy Sauce, Kikomans!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
billb (244) - Kennesaw, Georgia, USA - SEP 22, 2000
Ok, I have to disagree to most of you. While this isnít a guzzling beer, it has itís place. It has a cherry cordial aroma and a thick flavor. I have the glass 3 feet away and I can still smell it. Itís great.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
young (45) - Georgia, USA - SEP 22, 2000
Too much. When I took the wrapper off of the cork and noticed my hands were covered in a dark syrup I had a feeling this might not be the beer for me. It did look great pouring out (thick and dark brown to black). No carbonation noticed. even when uncorking there was no noticible pfft sound. The taste was sickeningly sweet. Very high ABV. Very malty. This beer could have definately used some bitter to offset that sweetness.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beergirl99 (101) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 22, 2000
Whew. I am not sure that I can finish the bottle that I opened last night. It was vintage 1995 and we opened it last night. My father was frightened of the smell as it reminded him of a cough syrup he had to drink when he was a kid. It almost stained my hands when I held onto the cork. There is absolutely no carbonation so I assume it will be okay corked in my fridge. I just really donít think this can be considered a beer. It is interesting, but not beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - SEP 11, 2000
A friend gave me a bottle as a birthday present, 5 years old, aged in his wine cellar. Whew!!! took all the strach out my shorts. Big ABV, thick and overly robust. the ageing kicked it up a couple of notches above Russian Imperial Stout and Barley Wines. A real beer lovers beer almost to much for me and baby thatís asaying something. Iíve sampled more than 3000 beers in 40 years of drinking and spent 26 years traveling the world. Onlt tasted one beer stronger than this and that was from Russia a 21 percent alcohol beer from Vladivostok.

1.1
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
beerman991979 (137) - Old Town, Maine, USA - AUG 7, 2000
This beverage comes in a nice looking bottle, and that to me is itís only redeeming quality. This is one drink that I can safely say that I have no interest in trying ever again. It tastes like fermented molasses. This drink looks ok and smells ok, but that is about all.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Gambrinus99 (14) - Missouri, USA - JUL 26, 2000

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
karl (158) - Glendale, New York, USA - JUN 29, 2000
THIS IS A FINE BEER IN ITíS OWN SPECIAL WAY I HAVE A FEW BOTTLES THAT I AM LETTING AGE JUST TO SEE HOW IT DOES?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
turtlehead (111) - Nottingham, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 4, 2000
The flavor is masked by the higher alcohol content, but nevertheless, the color and aroma are beautiful. At least those bottles that you find know have been aged (it hasnít been made since 1995 I believe). I was not impressed in the brew as a beer. If it wasnít for the process, I would think it would find its self labeled as somthing else other than a beer.