Also known as Samuel Adams Utopias
2012 10th Anniversary Batch:
· The 2012 batch of Samuel Adams Utopias nets out at a bit above 29% ABV - an unprecedented level.
· Brewed using traditional methods, we begin with the world’s finest, all-natural ingredients, including a blend of two-row Caramel and Munich malts that impart the rich, ruby-black color. Distinct hop character from Noble hops – Hallertau Mittlefrueh, Spalt Spalter and Tettnang Teggnanger – impart complexity and balance. Samuel Adams Utopias is brewed several yeast strains, including one typically reserved for champagne.
· Rivaling the world’s finest cognacs and ports, our brewers recommend serving this strong, rich, uncarbonated dark beer as an ideal after-dinner drink at room temperature (about 70°F) in 2oz pours.
· The 2012 batch of Samuel Adams Utopias is a blend of liquids, some of which have been aged in a variety of wood barrels for 19 years. This long aging process enhances the beer’s distinct vanilla and maple notes, and its high alcohol content creates a heated aroma of ginger and cinnamon. As a result, Samuel Adams Utopias invokes the flavors of a rich vintage Port, fine Cognac, or aged Sherry while feeling surprisingly light on the palate. The brew has sweet flavors of honey, toffee, caramel, cocoa and vanilla, balanced by distinct notes of molasses, raisins, plums and berries.
· After blending, Samuel Adams Utopias is aged in finishing barrels sourced from all over the world. This year’s batch was finished in single-use bourbon casks from the award-winning Buffalo Trace Distillery to enhance the beer’s distinct vanilla and maple notes. This year’s batch also spent time in a variety of finishing casks: Tawny Port casks and Vintage Ruby Port casks from Portugal and Rum barrels from Nicaragua. The Port casks contribute the slightly more elegant, dark fruit aromas while the Rum barrels add flavors of fig, chocolate, raisin, vanilla, and a slight spice. From these barrels, we created a completely new brew, never crafted before, for our 10th Anniversary.
· The complex flavors intensify individually over time, making Samuel Adams Utopias a very special brew that becomes even better with age.
Proceed to the aliased beer...Samuel Adams UtopiasThe brewer markets this same or near-same product by more than one names. This can be the result of a brewer distributing this beer under different names in different countries, or the brewer simply changing the name, but not the recipe at different points in time.