Samuel Adams Vienna Style
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 147   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27   ABV: -
This traditional lager is brewed in the classic European style using only hand-selected noble hops and specialty malts. A generous portion of Vienna malt is used to impart a robust, malty flavor and a smooth clean finish.Brewed in the Sam Adams tradition of quality.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SpockTheater (49) - Louisiana, USA - NOV 29, 2002
Great crisp flavor, but needs a little bit more palate. Another good one in the holiday sampler.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Bodomite (34) - USA - MAR 12, 2004
VERY Good brew! Tastes like winter lager only without the extreme bitterness. Has a mild copper color as do almost all of sam adams beers. Medium Head which dies after about 3 minuites. Very sweetly flavored malts and yeast is also able to be tasted. Goes down good with seafood! If you see it buy it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
AtomBombOfLove (30) - Jackson, New Jersey, USA - JUN 19, 2003
I wasn't too impressed with the way this beer looked, but after a few tastes I forgot about all of that. A very fine brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Archimedes99 (27) - Virginia, USA - JAN 8, 2003
I only had the opportunity to try this once, but it did leave an impression. I’ve almost always enjoyed Sam Adams and this beer is just another reminder that the Boston Beer Company produces a quality product. Vienna style has a delightfully malty flavor which is slightly hindered only slightly by a ruddy, dry aftertaste that seems to carry to most Sam Adams beers. I look forward to trying it again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
nshack (13) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 16, 2003
I'm finding that most of the Sam Adam's beers I taste have the same signature flavor. I have a feeling that they don't alter their ingredients or process much from style to style. This beer reminded me a lot of their Boston lager with different hops. Some malt, a bit of roasty bitterness. No head lingered. Color was coppery, almost amber. Overall and passable beer, but if I was looking for something Vienna style I'd keep looking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
palliko (12) - Colorado, USA - SEP 22, 2003
This is a good beer: it has qualities that remind one of a bock. The initial contact is "brown" like the beer: malty, mild, but interesting. The middle is not sweet, but has a nice smooth mouthfeel. I like the after taste: mellow with a hint of coffee. It does have strength. If I were out somewhere and there was nothing else interesting on tap, I would order one.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Carismo (2) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 23, 2003 does not count
Nice ruby color.The malty yeasty aroma is pleasant.I've tried this beer a few times and it has been inconsistant.The first time I tried it,there was a nice sweet flavor to it ,but since then I haven't found that flavor again.It seems to be just plain without much finish.