overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1100   WEIGHTED AVG: 3/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Deep gold, hazy color; Fruit and spice complex; clear malt & wheat notes, but dominated by 9 spices and dried fruits.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
WabashMan (1023) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - FEB 10, 2003
For a Sam brew, this one was alright. Nothing spectacular though. But, if for no other reason, we need to salute Sam Adams for giving a shot at a lot of beer types, incorporating interesting styles into cheap macro America!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
WastedYouthBrew (143) - Phila (Home of Geno's Steaks), Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 31, 2003
I thought the Yards Love Stout was 100? After I posted it, it said that I have successfully reached my milestone. But I logged back on to the computer later that night and it was back at 99? Strange stuff going on, I think it’s a big government conspiracy. The president, the two remaining Beatles and spirit of Harry Cary are secretly devising a plan to sabotage my computer. Im on full alert. To be extra careful Ive installed a state of the art surveillance system in my room. I dont even leave to go to the bathroom, im waiting till this whole thing blows over. If I where you id watch out to, they might think your tide in with me. And I don’t want to see anymore people get hurt over this nonsense. That’s enough shenanigans for one rating. S A White Ale is very pleasing to the taste buds and its like I always say, A brew that you cant see through, is a brew that’s good for you. The Wasted youth strikes again!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Irishman (6) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 24, 2003 does not count
This was the best beer Sam Adams made. I was sorry to see it go.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Crit (3718) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 13, 2003
This was an ok white ale, nothing to write home about. Much more intersting choices out there

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
freekyp (1832) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 29, 2002
Spicy attack with smooth finish. Just kind of fades away. I prefer Celis’ entry into the Whit category a little better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 27, 2002

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Slovak34 (99) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - SEP 25, 2002
It’s a very complicated spicy ale. It seems like they are trying to do too many things with this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Murph06 (121) - Illinois, USA - SEP 13, 2002
This stuff was great! Wish I could find more, but haven’t seen it in Illinois for atleast a year. Reminds me of Celis White but alittle more complex---I like a beer with pleasant surprises...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - SEP 12, 2002

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Panzuriel (1698) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 18, 2002
This is an odd one. The flavor is reminiscent of Apricots and Black pepper. Sound good? Not to me either.