overall
Style: Sweet Stout
Tadcaster, England

RATINGS: 767   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered
Ingredients: Water; Organic malted barley; Organic cane sugar; Yeast; Organic hops; Organic cocoa extract; Carbon dioxide
Brewed with well water (the original well, sunk in 1758, is still in use with the hard well water being drawn from 85 feet underground), the gently roasted organic cocoa extract impart a delicious, smooth and creamy character, with inviting deep flavours and a delightful finish - this is a marriage of satisfying stout and luxurious chocolate.

beaz1591 (238) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - NOV 3, 2012
Poured into English pint. Poured a dark chocolate with a thick pillow top head. Smells delicious, chocolate and marshmallows with just a hint of alcohol. This beer is excellent.

traindrunk2 (7) - USA - DEC 5, 2012 does not count
Oh my lord I canít believe this beer!!! Smells like a chocolate shake, and tastes superb! Itís been a very long time since I enjoyed drinking something like this.

drpimento (2294) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 22, 2012
Wow, incredibly yummy beer! Faultless! Poured at a good temperature with a thick, foamy, tan head that lasts and some lace. Color is a clear, dark brown with cherry highlights. Aroma is massivley cocoa with malt. Flavorís like nose, sweet malt and cocoa up front with a hint of bitter and carbonic tang in the back. Body is full, round, and lush with perfect carbonation. Finish is fairly long, like flavor, and very satisfying. This beer is just faultless. Love to try it with a scoop of Sweet Shop New York ice cream.

Bamaboy1975 (242) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - MAR 11, 2013
A: Pours black into the tulip with 1-finger's worth of medium brown head. Lace is medium to stiff. Stays on the top of the glass, but slowly withdraws. S: Can I "capitalize" CHOCOLATE? Actually, it's nose is cocoa-smelling with a hint of coconut. T: Taste is tremendous. I can describe the taste as very meaningful chocolate taste without being overly sweet. I've tasted some chocolate stouts that really make your brain think that you're drinking a Snickers. This one you can taste the malt and just a bit of the hops, along with the CHOCOLATE. Truly a dessert beer. M: Feel is much lighter than the other chocolate stouts I've tried. It's a pleasure to drink. It doesn't overwhelm like it's competitors. O: Overall, this is an excellent beer, really decent when the snow is flying and you're all dressed up in flannel and bunny slippers. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

MarkSachon (635) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2013
Big bottle purchased at Giant Eagle on Rte. 8 in Pittsburgh. Hearing good things about this one I decided to invest and am happy ever since. The best Iíve had in a long while and certainly worthy of a perfect score. Canít wait to taste it fresh from the tap instead of the bottle.

wildbeercat (353) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - APR 3, 2013
18.7 fl oz / 550mL bottle into a pint glass. Aroma: Dark and milk chocolate, iced espresso, fudge...this beer smells sweet. Iím not sure if my senses are flipping around on me or what, but this beer smells SWEET. Appearance: Completely opaque blood red / dark brown with a thick, creamy, and frothy dark tan head. Taste: Milk chocolate. Oh man, this stuff tastes like the Nesquik I used to drink as a kid. My childhood is rushing back to me. Remember that scene in Ratatouille where that critic eats the food and instantly is a kid again? Thatís what this beer is doing to me right now. Phenomenal. Palate: Rich and creamy. Oh so smooth. Velvety. Not effervescent at all. Smooth smooth smooth and creamy. Overall: This beer blows my mind every time. I would drink it nonstop until the day I die. I could live on this beer alone. This beer is perfect.

Bestbrew1 (60) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 15, 2013
Hands down my most favorite chocolate stout. Great flavor with the perfect amount of sweet and chocolaty goodness.

cdeutz (7) - Willoughby, Ohio, USA - JUN 5, 2013 does not count
This may be the best chocolate stout I have had... it has a strong cocoa flavor with a smooth creamy texture. ---cdeutz

udfan07 (71) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - AUG 4, 2013
Like drinking a chocolate brownie in a beer. The aroma is amazing and smells so much like a brownie. When I took a drink it was such a great tasting beer. One of the best beers I have ever had.

fatbobk2 (4) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 25, 2013 does not count
I donít know how a Chocolate Stout can get better then this. This captures the flavor of a full bodied stout then adds a creamy chocolate flavor on top. My wife, who does not typically enjoy stouts, really liked this. I drank it chilled, but not too cold so the aroma really had a chance to come out.