overall

Tadcaster, England
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 313   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Bottle: Pasteurised.
The small and historical All Saints Brewery is located in Stamford, Lincolnshire - a region famous for excellent fruit. The Samuel Smithís Organic Fruit Beers are brewed and fermented there, then transferred to Samuel Smithís Brewery, in Tadcaster, for conditioning, aging, and packaging. The complex multiple yeast strains used to ferment these beers lead to a beautiful marriage with pure, rich Certified Organic fruit. Tasting notes: Strawberries offer a soft and subtle flavour, making the character of this fruit beer extremely sophisticated and refined. The smooth malt and aromatic strawberry flavours merge together in an elegant fashion, with the fresh flavours of ripe strawberries shining through.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
lovemyipas (544) - nw burbs, Illinois, USA - APR 1, 2010
probably the best strawberry beer I have had. pours red copper with a descent white bubbly head. aroma and flavor are strawberry, a bit of seed, and a little sweet styup. descent lacing and a light to medium body. pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
presario (4756) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 17, 2010
Bottle. Canít hide from the soft strawberry-chewing gum aroma. Not sure where the bubble gum part comes from. Lasting head on amber. Thick body like sugar syrup and strawberry. Very sweet. Makes me think of ice cream. Sort of a warm strawberry, cream and corn syrup mixture.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
vikingguy (865) - Chaska, Minnesota, USA - FEB 21, 2010
Pours a hazy reddish-gold color with white head. Strawberry aroma. Taste is strawberry jam. Sweet, but a little bit of tartness balances it well. Quite refreshing and tastes very natural. Iíve only tasted one other strawberry beer and this is 1000% better. Canít say anything bad about it. Very good for the style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
EHSRanders (1843) - Tjele, DENMARK - FEB 12, 2010
Bottle. Dark golden colour with medium creamy white mostly diminishing head. Fruity strawberry aroma. Sweet fruity flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
brokensail (12169) - Orange County, California, USA - FEB 11, 2010
A: A golden color with a slight red/orange tint--dare I say...Strawberry. S: Shocker here...strawberries. Very sweet strawberries, sort of jam or jelly like. T: Pretty much what you would expect, sweet strawberries. But, this beer is not overly sweet. I donít really get any malt or other flavors. M: Crisp and sweet on the tongue. Light in body. D: I donít know how much I could drink of this, just because itís sweet, but the bottle that I had was very tasty.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Overml01 (225) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JAN 31, 2010
Bottle at Home. A somewhat low score for a line of beers I think so highly of. Aroma: Strawberry, of course... and a wonderful combination of light caramel, crust (dough), and some mild spices that I canít quite place. If I could drink the nose this may have been my highest rated beer! Appearance: Hazy golden amber pours a white, minimal head without much lacing to mention. Taste: A real let down... obexdude10 in the previous rating describes it almost perfectly: ["At first, I thought it was a little caramel note, but then I thought it tasted like pie crust. As I continued to sip, I felt more and more like I was drinking a strawberry pie or cake. But that flavor, at times, also seems a little musty."> That "mustiness" he speaks of is what ruined my liking of this beer... reminded me a bit of a rotting strawberry pie. Palate: Light somewhat creamy texture, lively carbonation with an abrupt finish. Gosh, a real shame this couldnít taste like it smells... I may have fallen in love with this beer had it done so.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
obxdude10 (2099) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 28, 2010
This is quite an interesting beer. Of course being a beer brewed with strawberries, the fruit is very present in both the aroma and the flavors. But thereís another flavor that I canít quite put my finger on. At first, I thought it was a little carmel note, but then I thought it tasted like pie crust. As I continuted to sip, I felt more and more like I was drinking a strawberry pie or cake. But that flavor, at times, also seems a little musty. The beer itself poured an amber color with a light reddish hue. The head was pretty minimal, with just a small ring of off-white foam sitting atop the beer. The head left some lacing around the edges of the glass. The back end of the body featured some wheat and light cream notes. The carbonation level seems to be fairly high on this beer as well. Like I said to start off with, this is definitely one interested brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Nate (3800) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2010
From bottle. Nice sweet and musky strawberry aroma, with light estery notes and a bit of staleness. Medium amber honey in color, clear, with thin white foamy lacing head. Medium light watery body with medium carbonation. Starts and stays sweet, with huge fruity strawberry taste. Light carbonic acidity and some rose water. Lots of strawberry from start to finish. Light sweet fruity after. Not saccharin at all, though a bit too sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jeremytoni (3011) - Swedesboro, New Jersey, USA - JAN 9, 2010
From a bottle poured brown with a good amount of head. Nice slughtly tart flavor with a lingering sweet strawberry flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
VertBaconStrips (2137) - Asshat, Alberta, CANADA - JAN 3, 2010
Well, I love strawberry stuff so is it possible that one of my favorite brewers fucks this up? Lets find out. A rough pour creates a very large foamy light tan cap. The brew is pretty much straight up amber. Minor lacing. The aroma is massively sweet strawberry jam with strawberries covered in strawberry syrup made of strawberries which were held in a jar that previously held strawberry stuff and also has a pic of strawberry things on the label. Strawberry. Mixed in just enough with some caramel and what seems to be vanilla (thx someone else) to alter the aroma enough. So much strawberry candy here and itís sooooooooooo sweet. The taste is pretty much all strawberry sweetness.. massive sweetness. I donít care. I like strawberry. 10 550ml bottles of this would create the worldsí greatest vomit and hangover in recorded time. Strawberry jam / candy / extract / everything with some caramel...... Super soft carbonation, sticky teeth, fulfilling body, finishes drying and mouth watering. No length to the aftertaste. Itís candy in a bottle. I like but Melbourn Bros was much better... I think... time for a comparision!!!!!