overall
Brewed by Sapporo Breweries
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1693   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Marketed as Sapporo Draft Beer in Japan and Europe, and as Premium Beer in North America.
Some of Sapporoís production for the North American market is produced by Sleeman in Guelph, which is owned by Sapporo.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
pobenohne (504) - Northern Liberties, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 21, 2005
Bottle. At Kissen Fahrenheit 259 with sushi dinner. Well made, crisp and dry lager. No head, but good carbonation. Refreshing hop bite.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
antisnobJP (275) - St. Michael, Minnesota, USA - FEB 17, 2005
Bottle. Pale golden and crystal clear with minimal head. Aromas of rust and grainy malt. As it warms up, some faint pickle juice in the background. Tastes like a adjunct heavy American cheapie lager, only with more bitterness than most of those. Not that hard to drink, but certainly no reason to seek it out unless you canít get Old Milwaukee.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
JorisPPattyn (9471) - Ursel, BELGIUM - FEB 14, 2005
I suppose I have had this beer. However, my bottle is called premium lager (or something like: サシポロビー&# and more to the point, expressly says 4.7 ABV. Clear gold beer with huge, fine & dense, just yellow-tinted white head. Unpasteurised, raw milk aroma, going over in grain & chaff. Rather bitterish, hoppy, herb taste; tad metallic, pale malts, and very slight sweetness, cornlike, without the bitterness going away. Warming up, the bitterness becomes more and more metallic and less agreable. Light, not watery, certain slickness. Not my beer. But "bad" is too negative a comment.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Cletus (6355) - Connecticut, USA - FEB 11, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2008 If I could give this beer a zero, I would. Remember those old bitter beer face commercials for Rheingold beer? Well...that pretty much sums this beer up, but not in good way. This is by far one of the crappiest beers Iíve ever had the misfortune of tasting.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Ray1975 (251) - Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA - FEB 8, 2005
Very yellow with little fizzy carbonation. Smelled of sour malts and had little taste at all. Not happy at all.. I think I would rather drink budweiser.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
SSSteve (4006) - - FEB 6, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 24, 2005 This beer doesnít have much flavor and smells faintly of apple juice. Very thin and watery. Its not worth the price.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
eve (240) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - FEB 4, 2005
I did not enjoy this skunk-smelling but otherwise nondescript pale lager. Did I really used to like this? Skunk, rice, and water? I canít believe somebody traded a Maudite for this (as someone wrote below), are they insane? I would rather drink PBR.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
brocker (99) - Salina, Utah, USA - JAN 31, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2007 Popped the cap and got the skunk smell. Poured the beer, and strangely the stink was gone. The old fart in the cushion effect I guess. The beer was typical yellow. No real head but a fair amount of carbonation. Tastes real normal. I put it in between Schlitz and Coorís. Nothing special. Crisp, refreshing, very drinkable. Not worth the price, though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
fuyajo (229) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 29, 2005
I get this beer whenever Iím out for sushi (itís either this or Miller). The place I get it serves it nice and cold, and itís a "refreshing" beer. I donít think Iíd ever buy it for drinking at home. Itís crisp with a decent flavor, and goes down easy. However, itís really nothing too special.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nekronos (4101) - Xalapa, MEXICO - JAN 24, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 1, 2006 It has a rice back flavor, with a grand foam. It had a special flavor that I didnít like at all, I guess my beers are the dunkel. Earlier Rating: 1/24/2005 Total Score: 4.1 Not what I expected, it has a very low rice back flavor, with a srtong and durable foam.