overall
Brewed by Sapporo Breweries
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1533   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.22   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Marketed as Sapporo Draft Beer in Japan and Europe, and as Premium Beer in North America.
Some of Sapporo’s production for the North American market is produced by Sleeman in Guelph, which is owned by Sapporo.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
nigos (631) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - APR 6, 2003
Comes in a fantastic looking large silver can which inevitably leads to disappointment but to make matters worse it cost a fair whack as well. Has a light hop aroma that is slightly melony. Pilsener like appearance. Thin malty taste not much else to report. Skunked after taste. A beer I just knew was going to disappoint.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 3, 2003
I'm going to apologize to all women before I say this, but when you hold the huge silver can in your hand, it feels like a Man beer. Thin white head. Apparent carbonation. Dull, sort of fishy aroma. Crisp, dry flavor. Next time I get sushi I'll give this one a try. I think it would go well with fish and rice. Also, it would do a good job of putting out the fire when I again take the dare from my friend to eat the whole ball of wasabi. I almost did it last time, but it was a little too much. Next time...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
WisconsinBeer (706) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - APR 1, 2003
Yellow colored. Hops and grain flavors with a mild sweetness. Nothing special but not offensive. Good with wasabi sauce.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - MAR 28, 2003
I just paid $3 for a Japanese beer disguised as a MGD. Damn, what a waste of money.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
PBOYNY (316) - Westchester, New York, USA - MAR 28, 2003
this "classic" jap beer had a robust smell and i thought i had something special-until i tasted it!! very nasty swill with an aluminun aftertaste, tastes like it was brewed at atoxic waste dump....go get one and serve to someone you hate!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
srwalker155210 (51) - Deltona, Florida, USA - MAR 14, 2003
I don't know if this is a fair indication but the first and only time I tried it was in a pizza restaurant in Japan. For what ever reason it tasted like I was sucking the beer through a slice of pizza, so I wasn't game enough to try it again when Sapporo classic is a great drop in it's own right.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
wheatbeerboy (103) - Addison, Illinois, USA - MAR 10, 2003
I was expecting something. Whatever I was expecting, this beer did not have. This beer has no carbination and finishes very dull and flat. I think the Japanese should stick to saki and sushi.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Holdwine (1077) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2003
Not much here. Slightly sweet. Good to drink when flavor insn't needed. I had it witha traditional Japanese dinner and it did not detract from the great food. Of course it didn't add anything either.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
clvand0 (350) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - MAR 4, 2003
I love the can this beer came in. This is a very watered down version of Bud Light. Nothing wonderful or special about it, but it's easy to drink and it tastes pretty good, it's just a little expensive for a watered down lite beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cornhusker01 (76) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAR 3, 2003
It went down quickly, efficiently. There was not too much flavor to it. It's a light beer even though the bottle doesn't say anything about it.