overall
Brewed by Sapporo Breweries
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1518   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.22   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Marketed as Sapporo Draft Beer in Japan and Europe, and as Premium Beer in North America.
Some of Sapporo’s production for the North American market is produced by Sleeman in Guelph, which is owned by Sapporo.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 18, 2003
Huge frothy head that laces nicely. Nose is basically nothing. I had to stick my honker in the foam to smell the skunky hops. Taste is faint with hints of hops and malt. Finish is flat and dry.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beerluvindave (194) - Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 17, 2003
Ah.. the 2 liter can with it's own plastic handle and screw-on cap!!! Did I mention kareoke? Good taste, a bit sweet, but with old hop taste - similar to Heineken.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bolo (12) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 15, 2003
For some reason the "can" version sucks. Slighlty better taste than your average light beer but still very watery. I am not sure it was worth importing this all the way across the ocean. I can't think of a circumstance why I would buy it again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Oakes (12561) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 12, 2003
Occasionally, I would get the 2L cans when I was a student. I actually wrote quite detailed notes on it (take with grain of salt because they're five years old and more than once this beer has really sucked): soft body hidden beneath the mainstream carbonation, and a buttery, perfumy, fruity, hoppy character, with a grassier, maltier finish, with fruitiness in the end.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - FEB 3, 2003
Tasted like something G. Heileman should brew. Very cheap tasting. It was also very watery. Way to expensive for what you get. You could buy a 6 pack of Pabst for what one of these cost and have the same damn thing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
mpbro (132) - Stanford, California, USA - FEB 2, 2003
(2Feb2003--633mL bottle) This beer boasts a beautiful head. Thick, even, persistent, and attractively lacy. Aside from this, the beer is a "macro-swill". What hops? What malt? How do you spell rice? Not too bad with sushi; at least it was dry enough to keep my palate clean for the food.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
LoveABeer (141) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - FEB 2, 2003
Nice golden color, but from here its all down hill, watery and bland, bugger all flavour, one thing good about this was the size of the can.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
omhper (19378) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - FEB 1, 2003
Bottled (wacked silver plastic shot bottle). Golden coloured with slight chill haze. papery and yeasty with notes of cellar flavour. Thin, sweet and cloying without a trace of hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
tex (52) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 30, 2003
I enjoyed this beer. It tastes good for a dry that doesn't leave you completely parched deep in your throat. Light beer drinkers may enjoy it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - JAN 29, 2003
I had heard better things about this brew, but I was thoroughly non-impressed with it. It came off as slightly skunky, perhaps my bottle was old/mishandled. Reminiscent of American macro-brews. I've heard reports about it being better in Japan right from the source, but I'm skeptical. I shall give this beer a few more chances...