overall
Brewed by Sapporo Breweries
Style: Pale Lager
Tokyo, Japan

RATINGS: 1533   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.22   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Marketed as Sapporo Draft Beer in Japan and Europe, and as Premium Beer in North America.
Some of Sapporo’s production for the North American market is produced by Sleeman in Guelph, which is owned by Sapporo.

surfahoy (1) - USA - JUL 11, 2003 does not count
Since taste is a subjective affair, here's my opinion. Simply the best! Beats all after a surf session, or with any kind of food (ok, Singha maybe better with Thai ordered extra hot)!

gardyloo (12) - USA - SEP 5, 2007
I admit this is a sentimental choice, but most of you all never had this beer in Japan, and let me tell you... if you grew up in Tokyo you would rate it the same way. Sapporo will always hold an important place in my heart right next to my first love, my friends who are no longer with us, and string cheese.

GorillaD (4) - Kirksville, Missouri, USA - JUN 15, 2008 does not count
Found this at the liquor store that I work at and thought I would give it a try. I didn’t have high hopes going into it but boy was I supprised. Very good beer with a light beer flavor. Definately a good alternative to Budweiser has a better flavor. Give this beer a try

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
oldmonk420 (26) - New York, USA - JUN 30, 2004
Pretty damn good tasty beer. Cermanic filtering, and Japanese packaging rocks!! I luv the silver can it comes in. Totally AWESOME!! Brewed starting in 1876. Beautiful bright golden color look. Nice clean crisp taste with hints of german hops. One of the best standard lager I enjoy drinking. Lot of weight lots of complexity!! Two Old Monk thumbs waaaaay up yo!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAY 11, 2002
Good beer. Tastes like many of the American Standards. You know, I’ve really begun to appreciate the Japanese beers I’ve had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
gaijin6599 (2) - Oklahoma, USA - OCT 23, 2002 does not count
My favorite Japanese beer. It has a clean crisp taste and goes well with sushi or by itself.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Spanner (60) - Canberra, AUSTRALIA - FEB 3, 2004
A superb Bitterness, and that wrought-iron-steel can taste and nice big cans to boot! Bloody lovely. Spanner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
billb (244) - Kennesaw, Georgia, USA - JUN 24, 2000
I like to describe this as Japanese guinness. While it’s not as full bodied and flavorful, it’s certainly smooth, easy to drink and pretty tasty.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
pasimc (5) - HUNGARY - SEP 9, 2014 does not count
A doboz zseniális, az iz különleges, az érzés király :-) :-) :-) :-) nekem nagyon bej?tt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Darby (4) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 21, 2007 does not count
Experienced this in Japan, so the flavor and aroma are significantly superior to the Canadian brewed Sapporo available in the U.S. Very refreshing brew and perfect accompianment to grilled meats.