overall

RATINGS: 741   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Saranac Adirondack Amber is craft brewed with pure Adirondack water, bottom fermented and fully lagered to carefully balance the sweetness of two-row malt with the delicate bitterness of American Cascade and German Hallertauer hops. Look for a golden amber color and medium body. You’ll discover a distinctive flavorful beer that is deliciously drinkable. Enjoy!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 11, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2003 Has a nice amber color and a malt/light-hop smell. Taste is malty, but finishes very bitter. Overall looks great, but way too bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aggie80 (788) - Michigan, USA - JUL 23, 2002
I was surprised by how good this was! Nice deep amber color, just like the real amber. Nice lace and not too much foam. Good hop background and very smooth. I’ve been impressed with all the Saranac line. Too bad it isn’t found around my area!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
LordNeuf (136) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 22, 2002
After a second sampling I agree with the first. A middle of the road brew. Nothing too spectacular to catch my fancy.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SmellGood (339) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - JUL 21, 2002
I liked this beer although I have nothing to compare it against. I prefer IPA’s and stouts and this hit exactly in the middle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
PorterPounder (5871) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 19, 2002
Not as much of a caramel sweetness as I was anticipating, rather bland taste - no aroma. Pales in comparasion to other Saranacs I have tried.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2002
middle of the road in all aspects... good for cook outs where those less versed in good beer attend

TheHolyMan99 (3) - USA - JUL 10, 2002 does not count
I would reach for this beer before any other - absolutely awesome. Can’t get enough. In fact - I need one now.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
ClarkVV (3927) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 10, 2002
a true mediocre beer!!! and since i need to say something about it, it has too dry a taste for me. A little caramel flavor kind of makes it interesting. I wouldnt call this beer very bitter though. mainly just some malty/hoppy tones.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MartinT (8281) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 7, 2002
Uh…Malt…Hops…Beer!…Du

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 2, 2002
brewed with pure adirondack water - and that is the predominant taste here. the malt and hops keep coming and going - continuously overpowered by the water. some warmth at the back of the throat, but otherwise, nothing special at all.