RATINGS: 55   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Brewer’s Reserve.
An amber ale spiced with fresh Serrano Peppers, pleasing to both the nose and palate. A great beer for casual enjoyment and perfect for food pairing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bulldogops (1402) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - NOV 19, 2015
Rating #1302 25.10.2014 On tap @revolutionyeg. Pours a golden yellow with a white foam that bubbles away quickly. Aroma is cascadey-citrusy hops and still roasting peppers. Taste is quite smooth, lightly hopped, mild sweetness and the smokiness/heat from the serrano pepper lingers into the finish, but is not unpleasant. Predictably spicy and delicious.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DrnkMcDermott (2934) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - NOV 10, 2015
Oops. Date on the bottle is 10/20/14. This kind of hid away from me for a while. Still. Ale color is more brown than amber, with a steady brownish head on top. Peppers are still there in the nose, though sometimes there’s a whiff of vinegar. But not with every sniff. And there’s quite a bit of sludge in the bottom of the bottle I should not have poured until the end. Still, my judgement on chile beers is based on how well it burns while letting a bit of cooling malt in, and this one does it pretty well. Burn gets more intense the further into the beer I go. so this one is indeed for chile heads only.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
nuplastikk (5268) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 24, 2015
12oz bottle. I think I probably rated this in my book but have yet to upload it. Unfiltered brown body. Steady respectable off-white head. Floaties. Has a nice juicy pepper tones, mild heat, but even more flavor. The juicy pepper perfectly complements the amber malt. Lingering heat. Really enjoyable beer, well done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gerbeer (2572) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 16, 2015
659 ml bottle. Pours a muddy amber with little head. Light aromas of wet malts and roasted pepper. Flavors of dry roasted peppers and sweet malts with a moderate afterburn. Very simple but ok for what it is.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Quack-Duck (8921) - Down South, GERMANY - AUG 4, 2015
bottle from Bierpost. My bad - I thought about Serrano ham, not peppers - not my cup of tea. This amber beer really is spicy, peppery and fiery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ferris (8958) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 30, 2015
Bottle - Sweet and nice smelling Serrano peppers. Cloudy Amber with a decent beige head. Peppers and a light bit of heat. Nice and well balanced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
dfearnley (1417) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 30, 2015
Bottle to tulip I love peppers and love beer. Usually, when I love two things, I really don’t appreciate when they’re combined. And most experiences I’ve had with peppers and beer have been failures. Sadly, I keep trying. Aroma of chili, banana pepper, a touch of vinegar, and a light skunkiness lurking behind. Clear amber with a thin creamy off white head that has a little bit of a mottled look. Taste is, well, not disgusting, but nothing here that blows me away. It’s peppery, serrano, sure, it could be, nice malts, some bitterness. I’ll drink this, but I won’t be coming back.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
darb85 (178) - Canton, Michigan, USA - JUL 19, 2015
Sweet pepper nose. Cloudy orange appearance. Leads with sugar mild malt. Pepper skin finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Idiosynkrasie (5332) - Bielefeld, GERMANY - JUL 12, 2015
355ml bottle. Cloudy amber colour with average, frothy, collapsing, off-white head. Peppery aroma, green chili, green pepper, covers everything else possibly existent underneath. Taste is initially surprisingly mild peppery, accumulating spiciness and hotness of course, quite well incorporated into a caramel malty body; fruity hoppy overtones contribute to a more harmonious overall result. Not bad, but objectively all dependent on your pepper attitude. "[P]erfect for food paring"? I’d doubt that. But very appetisingly. I feel it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
thedm (5215) - Fort Wayne, USA - JUN 21, 2015
This draft brew from a restaurant poured a head of bubbles that were quickly diminishing and left behind a softly carbonated transparent weak brown colored body and a good lacing. The mild aroma was malty and not much to speak of. The very hot mouth feel was weakly tingly at the start and at the finish with a strong hot pepper spicy aftertaste. The hot flavor contained notes of strong pepper and was mildly vinous. Not one that I would likely buy again.