overall

RATINGS: 44   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? You’ve got some sweet tools in your brewer’s utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, “Where does he get those wonderful toys!?” Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam I’m psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
slowrunner77 (6031) - Reno, Nevada, USA - SEP 26, 2014
"a surprisingly awesome brew from Sam Adams & Dogfish. Unique spiced ale...flowers and honey, very aromatic and very flavorful! Medium bodied, backed up nicely. I could smell this all day. Kinda reinded me of the Nogne O/Stone spiced collab from a few years back...but just a little. This is it’s own beast and quite amazing."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kidobutai (403) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
poured from a bottle. Clear maybe eucalyptus aroma. I’ll steal a phrase that we all agree on: like drinking a bowl of potpourri. Very floral. Good for a special occasion.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mike5326 (982) - virginia beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
Poured from a bottle. Murky golden color, small white head. Licorice aroma. Full body with a strong potpourri flavor and a velvet finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
nasmith003 (94) - Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
It’s like drinking potpourri. Aroma goes between flowers and licorice. Clean finish, and strangely I want to drink more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Luvystypotables (758) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
An aroma of spice flowers and spice. Light orange colour wit no head. A taste of spice and a hint flowers. With a creamy feel, and a strong flowery taste with a hint of spice. A weird flowery finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
TXBadger (1488) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 11, 2014
This one just had way too much floral/flowery notes on it. Pretty much just all floral without much else. Very hard to drink much of this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 1, 2014
On 06/18/2011. Clear golden body with a small frothy white head. Sweet rose aroma with caramel and floral hops. Sweet rose, caramel, citrus and toffee flavor with lots of spice. Medium body with moderate carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jbeatty (1068) - New York, USA - JUL 30, 2013
Backlog review, bottle obtained at SAVOR and tasted 07/07/2011. Pours translucent dark orange, little head and almost no lacing/residual foam. Aroma is quite floral- reminds me of hyacinth, jasmine - with honey, ginger notes. Taste is strong rose water, sweet malty character, finishing with spicy ginger, alcohol noticeable, subtle barrel character. Medium body, round and light in the mouth. The ginger character reminds me of DFH Pangaea. Unique for sure, and while not my favorite, glad to have tried.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kinz (3347) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - APR 19, 2013
Slutfest - pretty freakin’ awesome, cheers to Sterling. Never thought I would get to try this. Aroma is rose hips. Flavor is rosy, with caramel underpinnings. Can’t really capture the level of flower shop floral intensity on display here adequately. Just fascinating stuff. Glad that the Triple Bock barrels finally contributed to something better than Triple Bock. :) Appreciated this more than the rating suggests.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
obguthr (4023) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - APR 14, 2013
Slutfest 2013: Ginger and chamomile nose. Cloudy amber, thick yellow head. Lemon, ginger, and honey flavor. Neat, exceptionally well crafted and executed. I’d love to have an entire bottle of this to deconstruct at my leisure. My impression, based on a small sample, is this one damn fine beer.