overall

RATINGS: 38   MEAN: 3.49/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? Youíve got some sweet tools in your brewerís utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, ďWhere does he get those wonderful toys!?Ē Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam Iím psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
auerbrau (3126) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - MAY 24, 2012
Wacky bottle. Thanks for sharing, Kevin! Muddled floral nose. Distinctly rosy and relatively intense. The flavors are more pungent. Thereís definitely some lilac and lavender sensations over what is noticeably beer. I think itís good that this is a year old, because itís had time for the flowers to settle in and meld. I like the floral flavors, theyíre just a little too intense overall and Iím grateful that this isnít punishingly sweet. Interesting, but a bit messy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jayb0 (981) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - FEB 28, 2012
Nice packaging, interesting and hard to get beer. The flowers are not light and floral, they are thick, nectary, sweet. This is a dessert almost. Aroma like an orchid farm. Good stuff, not something to quaff heavily, something to, well, savor. Thanks holdwine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
drunkenpolack (319) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - FEB 1, 2012
Savor pours a dark orange color with basically no head. Small amount of bubbles cling to the sides of the glass. Looks like a flat beer. The smell is full of honey. A nice backbone of earthiness and flowers mixed in. A very unique aroma. Something I donít think Iíve ever come upon before in a beer. In the taste some of the barrel comes through. I really didnít notice in the aroma. Something I also didnít pick up was some spiciness that I do pick up in the taste. The honey is still the number one taste here mixed in with the flowers which show through a lot more. Earthiness and alcohol round out the taste. Definitely a unique taste. Think of flowers and honey steeped in water with some other stuff through in. Itís a beer but it doesnít exactly taste like one. Mouthfeel is medium bodied and slick. Goes down nice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
orangesol (616) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 16, 2012
"Thanks" to Bmoyer0301 for bringing this one to our IPA day celebration. I was intrigued to try this one, oh boy was I let down. A - Pours clear pinkish orange with a small one finger tall white head, dissipating down to a light film, leaving very light lace down the glass. S - Smells of TONS of flowers, honey, and herbs. Maybe a little tea creeps in as it warms but this one is really all about the flowers it seems. T - Here is where we start to go WAY down hill. Starts off with some light honey sweetness quickly giving way to a HUGE flower kick that will not go away. Some light herbal qualities try to break the flower blockade but it is no use. The finish is a mix of dryness and even more flowers. M - Medium body and flavor with moderate carbonation. Pretty dry with tons of flowery feel. Not good at all. O - Well this one was a HUGE letdown. I never really thought it would be great but I at least expected it to be good, not so much. One of the worst beers I have ever had from either SA or Dogfish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
dabubbleboy (73) - Virginia, USA - DEC 25, 2011
Poured one 750 ml bottle into a tumbler glass. Honey color with a crisp white head. The rose water makes this the most unique beer we have had. Lots of herb aromas like lavender, lemon and honey.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dfonorow (1206) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 5, 2011
Thanks for the bottle Chuck! Pour is golden yellow with a slight haze. Small, finger-wide head. Initial aroma is of herbal remedy, lemons, and some slight sweetness. Flavor is weird at first - earth, spice, soap, and yeast. Flavor and texture get much better as it warms though - sweeter with hints of honey, roses, and spice. My advice is if have this, serve at 55 - 60 degrees, no colder.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jrallen34 (3478) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 3, 2011
bottle... another terrible Sam Adams beer, shocking... this smells and tastes like sun tan lotion, tons of aloe, drinking it almost makes me gag, HORRENDOUS

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Drake (7940) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - NOV 27, 2011
Bottle shared at the 6th annual Richmond Industry Gathering, 11/27/11. WTF is this? Pours a clear amber color with a thin creamy head. Decent head retention. Aroma of honey and flowers. Oh, and more flowers. I feel like Iím standing in a field of flowers smelling this. The taste is honey, flowers, sweet malts and faint hops. Medium bodied.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - NOV 13, 2011
Bottle brought back from Savor 2011. Orange-gold pour with small head. Luscious nose of honey and flowers (hibiscus and roses)...some spices. Flavor is similar, but with touch of spices and vanilla. Really tasty beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bu11zeye (11760) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 20, 2011
(750ml bottle, courtesy of JJFoodie) Pours a clear golden body with a medium white head. Aroma of florals, caramel, honey, and lemon. Flavor of florals, bread, fruit, honey, and spices.