overall

RATINGS: 44   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? Youíve got some sweet tools in your brewerís utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, ďWhere does he get those wonderful toys!?Ē Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam Iím psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Emeister84 (1128) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - APR 13, 2013
Ginger, wild flowers, fresh-cut grass, honey, and lemon aromas. Clear gold with a lasting, white head. Sweet, tart, fruity, and floral. Medium body, high carbonation, smooth, a little spicy, and sweet in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Butters (3843) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 13, 2013
Sampled at Slutfest 4 - Sexytime! THANK YOU SO MUCH STERLING AND DOUGLAS. Clear golden pour with small head clearish head. Smells like roses honeysuckle and ginger. Flavor of ginger root if the most pervasive. Very much like a mead. Really enjoyed this. Such a great floral combination.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
madmitch76 (16098) - , Essex, ENGLAND - FEB 2, 2013
13th November 2011
Hazy amber beer, short lived off white head. Light palate with crispy fresh minerals. Semi sweet Rose and many other floral things! Light touch of honey and a tiny bit of citrus. Finishes crisp. Initially overwhelming in itís extreme floralness but once the palate adjusts there are all sorts of nice flowery things to pick out and enjoy! Dandelion, rose, violets and many more - itís all here!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Huhzubendah (2650) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 13, 2012
Bottle shared by drabmuh. Thanks Matt! The consensus on this one is pinkish copper, so Iíll go with that. Very little head. I did in fact note that it was one of the clearest beers of the evening. Anyhow... Itís all downhill from here. The aroma was odd, and definitely set off a few alarms, but also offered a bouquet of pleasant and interesting scents, to include flowers, hops, sweet herbs, lavender, tea, etc. I agree with Mike that this is a gruit. The flavor is just overbearing. A runaway train packed with flowers and herbs. Itís as if you were on your first date and said: "You want flowers?!? I got your damn flowers right here. Now take íem!" A bit inappropriate, like this beer. Brewed exclusively with rosewater, I am told. Not a good idea. Edison would be proud, as Sam Adams definitely found something that does NOT work. Sickeningly sweet and instantly cloying. This could be a good beer, as there are some nice flavors behind the onslaught of herbs, flowers, and rosewater flavors. Sometimes, less is more. Overall, not a repeat for me. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 07-11-2011

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
mar (4959) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 16, 2012
Bottle thanks to jjfoodie. Amber with a cream head. Nose is toffee, caramel, malty, and dried fruits. Nice palate, heavy toffee, very sweet, florals, and sticky.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Boutip (4856) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 1, 2012
Bottle: Poured a bright golden color ale with a medium size foamy white head with good retention and some light lacing. Aroma is a very weird mix between some overly sweet notes with loads of flowers notes (kind alike hibiscus) with some oak and liquorish notes. The aroma was definitely too strong at first and I almost though I would have to drain pour this one. Taste is an interesting mix between some sweet malt notes with light candy like flavours and notes of flowers (not as strong as hibiscus but in the same realm) with light oak and liquor notes. Body is about average with an oily texture with medium carbonation and light warming alcohol notes. Well brewed with good level of complexity, a tad less sweetness would have been welcome and this one would be a good candidate for letting bread a bit before drinking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
auerbrau (3178) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - MAY 24, 2012
Wacky bottle. Thanks for sharing, Kevin! Muddled floral nose. Distinctly rosy and relatively intense. The flavors are more pungent. Thereís definitely some lilac and lavender sensations over what is noticeably beer. I think itís good that this is a year old, because itís had time for the flowers to settle in and meld. I like the floral flavors, theyíre just a little too intense overall and Iím grateful that this isnít punishingly sweet. Interesting, but a bit messy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jayb0 (1052) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - FEB 28, 2012
Nice packaging, interesting and hard to get beer. The flowers are not light and floral, they are thick, nectary, sweet. This is a dessert almost. Aroma like an orchid farm. Good stuff, not something to quaff heavily, something to, well, savor. Thanks holdwine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
drunkenpolack (319) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - FEB 1, 2012
Savor pours a dark orange color with basically no head. Small amount of bubbles cling to the sides of the glass. Looks like a flat beer. The smell is full of honey. A nice backbone of earthiness and flowers mixed in. A very unique aroma. Something I donít think Iíve ever come upon before in a beer. In the taste some of the barrel comes through. I really didnít notice in the aroma. Something I also didnít pick up was some spiciness that I do pick up in the taste. The honey is still the number one taste here mixed in with the flowers which show through a lot more. Earthiness and alcohol round out the taste. Definitely a unique taste. Think of flowers and honey steeped in water with some other stuff through in. Itís a beer but it doesnít exactly taste like one. Mouthfeel is medium bodied and slick. Goes down nice.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
orangesol (913) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 16, 2012
"Thanks" to Bmoyer0301 for bringing this one to our IPA day celebration. I was intrigued to try this one, oh boy was I let down. A - Pours clear pinkish orange with a small one finger tall white head, dissipating down to a light film, leaving very light lace down the glass. S - Smells of TONS of flowers, honey, and herbs. Maybe a little tea creeps in as it warms but this one is really all about the flowers it seems. T - Here is where we start to go WAY down hill. Starts off with some light honey sweetness quickly giving way to a HUGE flower kick that will not go away. Some light herbal qualities try to break the flower blockade but it is no use. The finish is a mix of dryness and even more flowers. M - Medium body and flavor with moderate carbonation. Pretty dry with tons of flowery feel. Not good at all. O - Well this one was a HUGE letdown. I never really thought it would be great but I at least expected it to be good, not so much. One of the worst beers I have ever had from either SA or Dogfish.