overall

RATINGS: 44   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? You’ve got some sweet tools in your brewer’s utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, “Where does he get those wonderful toys!?” Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam I’m psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
dabubbleboy (73) - Virginia, USA - DEC 25, 2011
Poured one 750 ml bottle into a tumbler glass. Honey color with a crisp white head. The rose water makes this the most unique beer we have had. Lots of herb aromas like lavender, lemon and honey.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dfonorow (1600) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 5, 2011
Thanks for the bottle Chuck! Pour is golden yellow with a slight haze. Small, finger-wide head. Initial aroma is of herbal remedy, lemons, and some slight sweetness. Flavor is weird at first - earth, spice, soap, and yeast. Flavor and texture get much better as it warms though - sweeter with hints of honey, roses, and spice. My advice is if have this, serve at 55 - 60 degrees, no colder.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jrallen34 (3483) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 3, 2011
bottle... another terrible Sam Adams beer, shocking... this smells and tastes like sun tan lotion, tons of aloe, drinking it almost makes me gag, HORRENDOUS

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Drake (8981) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - NOV 27, 2011
Bottle shared at the 6th annual Richmond Industry Gathering, 11/27/11. WTF is this? Pours a clear amber color with a thin creamy head. Decent head retention. Aroma of honey and flowers. Oh, and more flowers. I feel like I’m standing in a field of flowers smelling this. The taste is honey, flowers, sweet malts and faint hops. Medium bodied.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - NOV 13, 2011
Bottle brought back from Savor 2011. Orange-gold pour with small head. Luscious nose of honey and flowers (hibiscus and roses)...some spices. Flavor is similar, but with touch of spices and vanilla. Really tasty beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bu11zeye (11971) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 20, 2011
(750ml bottle, courtesy of JJFoodie) Pours a clear golden body with a medium white head. Aroma of florals, caramel, honey, and lemon. Flavor of florals, bread, fruit, honey, and spices.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
thirdeye11 (5634) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 12, 2011
(750ml bottle thanks to JJFoodie) clear gold with fine white bubbles. Nose of soap, roses, honey, spices and a bit of umami. Taste of cherry, honey, rose, florals, soap, and cinnamon. Weird floral/fruity linger. An odd but very unique beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MadIndian (2434) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 31, 2011
Gold/ orange pour with an aroma of floral, earth, honey and spice. Flavor matches the aroma, but with a herbal, vanilla, yeasty taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oteyj (2130) - New Hampshire, USA - JUL 31, 2011
Thanks Jeff! This beer is pretty crazy- pours like fruity nectar with rose petals and mead in the nose, culminating with some sweet grassy herbals and light fruits. Very syrupy texture with low carbonation.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cavie (3839) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2011
Big thanks to jjfoodie for this one! Very pleased to see this. Pours a very clear light orange color with a foamy ring of bubbles. The aroma is very supple. Lovely floral rose petals with some sweet spice. Very soft smelling indeed. Flavor is cinnamon, sweet floral notes, light grain and spice. Very tasty!