overall

RATINGS: 47   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? You’ve got some sweet tools in your brewer’s utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, “Where does he get those wonderful toys!?” Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam I’m psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

dabubbleboy's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
dabubbleboy (73) - Virginia, USA - DEC 25, 2011
Poured one 750 ml bottle into a tumbler glass. Honey color with a crisp white head. The rose water makes this the most unique beer we have had. Lots of herb aromas like lavender, lemon and honey.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
fluffy (1918) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - APR 5, 2015
this is a numeric rating only. i no longer do tasting notes on any beer anymore.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jtclockwork (10624) - , New Jersey, USA - MAR 1, 2015
Etched glass bottle. Pours orange white head. Nose/taste of herbal notes, rose hips, lavender. Medium body.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
kraddel (4535) - some beerplace, BELGIUM - FEB 25, 2015
Pours rather clear amber , with floaties . No head . Smell is like a toilet refresher . Taste is sweet, perfumy , like a toilet refresher again . I get why they call it flowers , its how you cant describe this withoud lying , or getting sick . Yet its REALLY bad ... Aftertaste is sweet , like a toilet refresher once more ...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
slowrunner77 (6890) - Reno, Nevada, USA - SEP 26, 2014
"a surprisingly awesome brew from Sam Adams & Dogfish. Unique spiced ale...flowers and honey, very aromatic and very flavorful! Medium bodied, backed up nicely. I could smell this all day. Kinda reinded me of the Nogne O/Stone spiced collab from a few years back...but just a little. This is it’s own beast and quite amazing."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kidobutai (498) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
poured from a bottle. Clear maybe eucalyptus aroma. I’ll steal a phrase that we all agree on: like drinking a bowl of potpourri. Very floral. Good for a special occasion.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mike5326 (1111) - virginia beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
Poured from a bottle. Murky golden color, small white head. Licorice aroma. Full body with a strong potpourri flavor and a velvet finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
nasmith003 (143) - Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
It’s like drinking potpourri. Aroma goes between flowers and licorice. Clean finish, and strangely I want to drink more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Luvystypotables (1004) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
An aroma of spice flowers and spice. Light orange colour wit no head. A taste of spice and a hint flowers. With a creamy feel, and a strong flowery taste with a hint of spice. A weird flowery finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
TXBadger (1882) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 11, 2014
This one just had way too much floral/flowery notes on it. Pretty much just all floral without much else. Very hard to drink much of this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 1, 2014
On 06/18/2011. Clear golden body with a small frothy white head. Sweet rose aroma with caramel and floral hops. Sweet rose, caramel, citrus and toffee flavor with lots of spice. Medium body with moderate carbonation.