overall

RATINGS: 48   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? Youíve got some sweet tools in your brewerís utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, ďWhere does he get those wonderful toys!?Ē Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam Iím psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
madmitch76 (22055) - , Essex, ENGLAND - FEB 2, 2013
13th November 2011
Hazy amber beer, short lived off white head. Light palate with crispy fresh minerals. Semi sweet Rose and many other floral things! Light touch of honey and a tiny bit of citrus. Finishes crisp. Initially overwhelming in itís extreme floralness but once the palate adjusts there are all sorts of nice flowery things to pick out and enjoy! Dandelion, rose, violets and many more - itís all here!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jtclockwork (14930) - , New Jersey, USA - MAR 1, 2015
Etched glass bottle. Pours orange white head. Nose/taste of herbal notes, rose hips, lavender. Medium body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bu11zeye (12717) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 20, 2011
(750ml bottle, courtesy of JJFoodie) Pours a clear golden body with a medium white head. Aroma of florals, caramel, honey, and lemon. Flavor of florals, bread, fruit, honey, and spices.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Drake (11781) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 27, 2011
Bottle shared at the 6th annual Richmond Industry Gathering, 11/27/11. WTF is this? Pours a clear amber color with a thin creamy head. Decent head retention. Aroma of honey and flowers. Oh, and more flowers. I feel like Iím standing in a field of flowers smelling this. The taste is honey, flowers, sweet malts and faint hops. Medium bodied.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
slowrunner77 (10098) - Reno, Nevada, USA - SEP 26, 2014
"a surprisingly awesome brew from Sam Adams & Dogfish. Unique spiced ale...flowers and honey, very aromatic and very flavorful! Medium bodied, backed up nicely. I could smell this all day. Kinda reinded me of the Nogne O/Stone spiced collab from a few years back...but just a little. This is itís own beast and quite amazing."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SudsMcDuff (8084) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2011
Was interested when i first read about this, and to see it in front of my eyes, woo! .. . so damn pure and enjoyable.. . honey, daisy, roses, and other exotic flowers.. amazingly complex and very enjoyable, and it shows just how awesome some brewers are with what they can do to beer!.. . get your hands off me you geriatric lush...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
radagast83 (7301) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - JUN 7, 2011
Iím two minds about this. Itís ambitious and a little arrogant to brew this beer the way they did. The choice of using Rose Water is a curious one, and even with that said I wasnít exactly prepared for the aroma and flavors that the beer produced.

I was lucky enough to have a sample poured from a bottle at the Sam Adams table during SAVOR. The color was a caramel one, with a small, bubbly head that dissipated. Aromas were woody, a touch oak, but it was mostly the floral bouquet that hit me real hard. I kind of described it to a friend like smelling a perfume that you also just happened to get a tad in your mouth. That might not sound pleasant, but the beer intrigued me enough that I really enjoyed it.

I give it an A for originality, and perhaps a B for execution. The 10% ABV was absolutely hidden. I am really curious how this one will mellow out over time, but I suspect itíll be consumed by the end of the year.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JaBier (6976) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - JUL 26, 2011
Bottle shared by a friend. Clear amber pour with a thin off-white head. Malty sweet nose with herbs and spices (sage? cardamom? hell, I donít know). Flavor of sage, honey, malt and more honey before a surprisingly semi-dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
blutt59 (6504) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 9, 2011
bottled, thanks to jjfoodie, clear orange with no head , aroma has some spice and fruit flavor reminds me of french toast and fruit salad

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
kraddel (6169) - some beerplace, BELGIUM - FEB 25, 2015
Pours rather clear amber , with floaties . No head . Smell is like a toilet refresher . Taste is sweet, perfumy , like a toilet refresher again . I get why they call it flowers , its how you cant describe this withoud lying , or getting sick . Yet its REALLY bad ... Aftertaste is sweet , like a toilet refresher once more ...