overall

RATINGS: 43   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? Youíve got some sweet tools in your brewerís utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, ďWhere does he get those wonderful toys!?Ē Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam Iím psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
auerbrau (3177) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - MAY 24, 2012
Wacky bottle. Thanks for sharing, Kevin! Muddled floral nose. Distinctly rosy and relatively intense. The flavors are more pungent. Thereís definitely some lilac and lavender sensations over what is noticeably beer. I think itís good that this is a year old, because itís had time for the flowers to settle in and meld. I like the floral flavors, theyíre just a little too intense overall and Iím grateful that this isnít punishingly sweet. Interesting, but a bit messy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Indra (2619) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUL 10, 2011
750ml bottle, courtesy of JB, cheers to him. This was very interesting. The nose was both sweet and intensely flowery, with real honey notes rising from the intense rose perfume, and a certain peppery spice in the background. Mostly clear golden orange in color, the head fading away entirely. Flavor is also very strongly flowery and sweet, with a certain spiciness and gentle warmth in the background. Lightly sticky and low in effervescence, body is medium-full. Rather mead-like, in several aspects. Very glad I only had a couple ounces of this, any more would have been too much for me to deal with, for sure.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Huhzubendah (2553) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 13, 2012
Bottle shared by drabmuh. Thanks Matt! The consensus on this one is pinkish copper, so Iíll go with that. Very little head. I did in fact note that it was one of the clearest beers of the evening. Anyhow... Itís all downhill from here. The aroma was odd, and definitely set off a few alarms, but also offered a bouquet of pleasant and interesting scents, to include flowers, hops, sweet herbs, lavender, tea, etc. I agree with Mike that this is a gruit. The flavor is just overbearing. A runaway train packed with flowers and herbs. Itís as if you were on your first date and said: "You want flowers?!? I got your damn flowers right here. Now take íem!" A bit inappropriate, like this beer. Brewed exclusively with rosewater, I am told. Not a good idea. Edison would be proud, as Sam Adams definitely found something that does NOT work. Sickeningly sweet and instantly cloying. This could be a good beer, as there are some nice flavors behind the onslaught of herbs, flowers, and rosewater flavors. Sometimes, less is more. Overall, not a repeat for me. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 07-11-2011

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sloth (2489) - Ceciltucky, Co., Maryland, USA - JUN 14, 2011
Thin white head with good retention and some slim lace. Clear copper amber hued brew. Nose is just floral, roses, lavender and maybe a touch spicey. Body is medium, soft carbonation, a little oily. Lotsa flowery flavors as in the aroma with some honey and earthy notes. Not gettin the barrel aging myself. Finish is fairly dry and some heat starts coming on. A neat beer. Not something you,d want alot of for sure but still interesting enough. Bottle shared by my friend, Jon. Thanks dude!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dimenhetfield (2487) - , Florida, USA - JUN 26, 2011
Bottle shared by Ed Roberts, thanks a ton for this rare gem. Aroma has a lot of floral hints to it mixed with honey. The flavor is pretty sweet with hints of honey and sweet malt. One of the most different beers Iíve had in a long time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MadIndian (2385) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 31, 2011
Gold/ orange pour with an aroma of floral, earth, honey and spice. Flavor matches the aroma, but with a herbal, vanilla, yeasty taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oteyj (2130) - New Hampshire, USA - JUL 31, 2011
Thanks Jeff! This beer is pretty crazy- pours like fruity nectar with rose petals and mead in the nose, culminating with some sweet grassy herbals and light fruits. Very syrupy texture with low carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jcos (1540) - Maryland, USA - JUN 12, 2011
Bottle returned successfully from SAVOR 2011(ie, I was drunk from SAVOR and had to carry the bottle home without a bag on the DC Metro). Pours a clear redish-copper, with a little bit of bubbles. Aroma is very high on being floral from the rose petal water, maybe a hint of sweetness. Taste is of light hop, a ton of the rose petals(which is an interesting taste for a beer), a little bit of spice maybe from the oak barrels. Medium body, slightly thick texture, average carbonation. A very interesting, one of a time beer I get to split with Ben4321. I didnít realize this beer is 10% at all. We are both sitting here rating this, I wonder how similar or different the ratings are.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dfonorow (1445) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 5, 2011
Thanks for the bottle Chuck! Pour is golden yellow with a slight haze. Small, finger-wide head. Initial aroma is of herbal remedy, lemons, and some slight sweetness. Flavor is weird at first - earth, spice, soap, and yeast. Flavor and texture get much better as it warms though - sweeter with hints of honey, roses, and spice. My advice is if have this, serve at 55 - 60 degrees, no colder.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - NOV 13, 2011
Bottle brought back from Savor 2011. Orange-gold pour with small head. Luscious nose of honey and flowers (hibiscus and roses)...some spices. Flavor is similar, but with touch of spices and vanilla. Really tasty beer.