overall

RATINGS: 44   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? You’ve got some sweet tools in your brewer’s utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, “Where does he get those wonderful toys!?” Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam I’m psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
obguthr (3932) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - APR 14, 2013
Slutfest 2013: Ginger and chamomile nose. Cloudy amber, thick yellow head. Lemon, ginger, and honey flavor. Neat, exceptionally well crafted and executed. I’d love to have an entire bottle of this to deconstruct at my leisure. My impression, based on a small sample, is this one damn fine beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SudsMcDuff (5894) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2011
Was interested when i first read about this, and to see it in front of my eyes, woo! .. . so damn pure and enjoyable.. . honey, daisy, roses, and other exotic flowers.. amazingly complex and very enjoyable, and it shows just how awesome some brewers are with what they can do to beer!.. . get your hands off me you geriatric lush...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Butters (3792) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 13, 2013
Sampled at Slutfest 4 - Sexytime! THANK YOU SO MUCH STERLING AND DOUGLAS. Clear golden pour with small head clearish head. Smells like roses honeysuckle and ginger. Flavor of ginger root if the most pervasive. Very much like a mead. Really enjoyed this. Such a great floral combination.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mike5326 (952) - virginia beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
Poured from a bottle. Murky golden color, small white head. Licorice aroma. Full body with a strong potpourri flavor and a velvet finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
slowrunner77 (5985) - Reno, Nevada, USA - SEP 26, 2014
"a surprisingly awesome brew from Sam Adams & Dogfish. Unique spiced ale...flowers and honey, very aromatic and very flavorful! Medium bodied, backed up nicely. I could smell this all day. Kinda reinded me of the Nogne O/Stone spiced collab from a few years back...but just a little. This is it’s own beast and quite amazing."

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cavie (3808) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2011
Big thanks to jjfoodie for this one! Very pleased to see this. Pours a very clear light orange color with a foamy ring of bubbles. The aroma is very supple. Lovely floral rose petals with some sweet spice. Very soft smelling indeed. Flavor is cinnamon, sweet floral notes, light grain and spice. Very tasty!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Emeister84 (1049) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - APR 13, 2013
Ginger, wild flowers, fresh-cut grass, honey, and lemon aromas. Clear gold with a lasting, white head. Sweet, tart, fruity, and floral. Medium body, high carbonation, smooth, a little spicy, and sweet in the finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thome50 (1052) - Boringville aka Irvine, California, USA - JUL 15, 2011
Bottle courtesy a trade on the other site. Pours a frothy orange amber color with white head. The aroma is a California cliff top over looking the Pacific with white sage growing wild all around you. This is what the summer smells like. The rose water is there but sage and sweet come through like nothing else. The beer doesn’t taste a great deal like sage, more rosemary and cinnamon. The sweetness is there but then you get the nice malt finish and just the perfect amount of carbonation. Yes, this is a beer unlike any other. Yes, it has a lot of weird shit in it. That said this is overall a very nice beer that I would love to have again next summer. Glad I was able to taste it and share it with some friends.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 1, 2014
On 06/18/2011. Clear golden body with a small frothy white head. Sweet rose aroma with caramel and floral hops. Sweet rose, caramel, citrus and toffee flavor with lots of spice. Medium body with moderate carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jcos (1562) - Maryland, USA - JUN 12, 2011
Bottle returned successfully from SAVOR 2011(ie, I was drunk from SAVOR and had to carry the bottle home without a bag on the DC Metro). Pours a clear redish-copper, with a little bit of bubbles. Aroma is very high on being floral from the rose petal water, maybe a hint of sweetness. Taste is of light hop, a ton of the rose petals(which is an interesting taste for a beer), a little bit of spice maybe from the oak barrels. Medium body, slightly thick texture, average carbonation. A very interesting, one of a time beer I get to split with Ben4321. I didn’t realize this beer is 10% at all. We are both sitting here rating this, I wonder how similar or different the ratings are.