overall

RATINGS: 39   MEAN: 3.45/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? Youíve got some sweet tools in your brewerís utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, ďWhere does he get those wonderful toys!?Ē Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam Iím psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
obguthr (3768) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - APR 14, 2013
Slutfest 2013: Ginger and chamomile nose. Cloudy amber, thick yellow head. Lemon, ginger, and honey flavor. Neat, exceptionally well crafted and executed. Iíd love to have an entire bottle of this to deconstruct at my leisure. My impression, based on a small sample, is this one damn fine beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SudsMcDuff (5814) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2011
Was interested when i first read about this, and to see it in front of my eyes, woo! .. . so damn pure and enjoyable.. . honey, daisy, roses, and other exotic flowers.. amazingly complex and very enjoyable, and it shows just how awesome some brewers are with what they can do to beer!.. . get your hands off me you geriatric lush...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Butters (3747) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - APR 13, 2013
Sampled at Slutfest 4 - Sexytime! THANK YOU SO MUCH STERLING AND DOUGLAS. Clear golden pour with small head clearish head. Smells like roses honeysuckle and ginger. Flavor of ginger root if the most pervasive. Very much like a mead. Really enjoyed this. Such a great floral combination.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cavie (3786) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2011
Big thanks to jjfoodie for this one! Very pleased to see this. Pours a very clear light orange color with a foamy ring of bubbles. The aroma is very supple. Lovely floral rose petals with some sweet spice. Very soft smelling indeed. Flavor is cinnamon, sweet floral notes, light grain and spice. Very tasty!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Emeister84 (936) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - APR 13, 2013
Ginger, wild flowers, fresh-cut grass, honey, and lemon aromas. Clear gold with a lasting, white head. Sweet, tart, fruity, and floral. Medium body, high carbonation, smooth, a little spicy, and sweet in the finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thome50 (1022) - Boringville aka Irvine, California, USA - JUL 15, 2011
Bottle courtesy a trade on the other site. Pours a frothy orange amber color with white head. The aroma is a California cliff top over looking the Pacific with white sage growing wild all around you. This is what the summer smells like. The rose water is there but sage and sweet come through like nothing else. The beer doesnít taste a great deal like sage, more rosemary and cinnamon. The sweetness is there but then you get the nice malt finish and just the perfect amount of carbonation. Yes, this is a beer unlike any other. Yes, it has a lot of weird shit in it. That said this is overall a very nice beer that I would love to have again next summer. Glad I was able to taste it and share it with some friends.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JAN 1, 2014
On 06/18/2011. Clear golden body with a small frothy white head. Sweet rose aroma with caramel and floral hops. Sweet rose, caramel, citrus and toffee flavor with lots of spice. Medium body with moderate carbonation.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jcos (1525) - Maryland, USA - JUN 12, 2011
Bottle returned successfully from SAVOR 2011(ie, I was drunk from SAVOR and had to carry the bottle home without a bag on the DC Metro). Pours a clear redish-copper, with a little bit of bubbles. Aroma is very high on being floral from the rose petal water, maybe a hint of sweetness. Taste is of light hop, a ton of the rose petals(which is an interesting taste for a beer), a little bit of spice maybe from the oak barrels. Medium body, slightly thick texture, average carbonation. A very interesting, one of a time beer I get to split with Ben4321. I didnít realize this beer is 10% at all. We are both sitting here rating this, I wonder how similar or different the ratings are.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ben4321 (3863) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JUN 12, 2011
Location: 750 ml bottle shared by jcos, 6/12/11

Aroma: Has a very floral nose, so much so its hard to pick out anything else. Feels like youíre sitting in a garden every time you take a whiff. Otherwise, maybe a touch of spice, but the rose water dominates.
Appearance: Pours a clear golden-orange color with an inch of lasting white head and sticky lace
Flavor: Taste is also dominated by flowers, but you get some eventual spice and hop notes too
Palate: Medium bodied, tingly mouthfeel, heat is rather well hidden, it doesnít drink close to its abv
Overall Impression: Iím glad I got to try this one, and Iím glad I donít have a rose allergy, because if I did I think this one could have made me break out in hives. I can honestly say that I cannot think of another beer that is anything like this one, it is truly unique, that is for sure. It is kind of difficult to score this one, because of how unique it is, and the mixed feeling that develop while Iím drinking it, but ultimately I found it to be a little more developed in flavor than it is in aroma, and overall, I found it fairly enjoyable. This one may not be for everyone, and it may not be something Iíd want to drink everyday, but ultimately, I think it works pretty well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mora2000 (5664) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUL 13, 2011
Thanks to jjfoodie for sharing this beer. The beer pours a yellow-orange color with a whit head. The aroma is very nice. I get a lot of rose water as well as some great floral and herbal notes. The aroma is fairly sweet. The flavor is more complex and better than the aroma. I get a lot of rose water and floral aspects, as well as some cinnamon and nutmeg. As I drink more, I pick out some caramel malt and chocolate notes as well as some herbal notes. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. After drinking the beer I saw that a lot of people didnít care for it. The only thing I know is that I really dug it and was happy that I was able to kill the last 4 or 5 ounces after the tasting was complete. I doubt I will get to try this beer again, but I would definitely love to.