overall

RATINGS: 44   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? Youíve got some sweet tools in your brewerís utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, ďWhere does he get those wonderful toys!?Ē Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam Iím psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

ben4321 (4066) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JUN 12, 2011
Location: 750 ml bottle shared by jcos, 6/12/11

Aroma: Has a very floral nose, so much so its hard to pick out anything else. Feels like youíre sitting in a garden every time you take a whiff. Otherwise, maybe a touch of spice, but the rose water dominates.
Appearance: Pours a clear golden-orange color with an inch of lasting white head and sticky lace
Flavor: Taste is also dominated by flowers, but you get some eventual spice and hop notes too
Palate: Medium bodied, tingly mouthfeel, heat is rather well hidden, it doesnít drink close to its abv
Overall Impression: Iím glad I got to try this one, and Iím glad I donít have a rose allergy, because if I did I think this one could have made me break out in hives. I can honestly say that I cannot think of another beer that is anything like this one, it is truly unique, that is for sure. It is kind of difficult to score this one, because of how unique it is, and the mixed feeling that develop while Iím drinking it, but ultimately I found it to be a little more developed in flavor than it is in aroma, and overall, I found it fairly enjoyable. This one may not be for everyone, and it may not be something Iíd want to drink everyday, but ultimately, I think it works pretty well.

Mora2000 (5834) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUL 13, 2011
Thanks to jjfoodie for sharing this beer. The beer pours a yellow-orange color with a whit head. The aroma is very nice. I get a lot of rose water as well as some great floral and herbal notes. The aroma is fairly sweet. The flavor is more complex and better than the aroma. I get a lot of rose water and floral aspects, as well as some cinnamon and nutmeg. As I drink more, I pick out some caramel malt and chocolate notes as well as some herbal notes. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. After drinking the beer I saw that a lot of people didnít care for it. The only thing I know is that I really dug it and was happy that I was able to kill the last 4 or 5 ounces after the tasting was complete. I doubt I will get to try this beer again, but I would definitely love to.

JaBier (4989) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - JUL 26, 2011
Bottle shared by a friend. Clear amber pour with a thin off-white head. Malty sweet nose with herbs and spices (sage? cardamom? hell, I donít know). Flavor of sage, honey, malt and more honey before a surprisingly semi-dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - NOV 13, 2011
Bottle brought back from Savor 2011. Orange-gold pour with small head. Luscious nose of honey and flowers (hibiscus and roses)...some spices. Flavor is similar, but with touch of spices and vanilla. Really tasty beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kinz (3352) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - APR 19, 2013
Slutfest - pretty freakiní awesome, cheers to Sterling. Never thought I would get to try this. Aroma is rose hips. Flavor is rosy, with caramel underpinnings. Canít really capture the level of flower shop floral intensity on display here adequately. Just fascinating stuff. Glad that the Triple Bock barrels finally contributed to something better than Triple Bock. :) Appreciated this more than the rating suggests.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bu11zeye (11971) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 20, 2011
(750ml bottle, courtesy of JJFoodie) Pours a clear golden body with a medium white head. Aroma of florals, caramel, honey, and lemon. Flavor of florals, bread, fruit, honey, and spices.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
drunkenpolack (319) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - FEB 1, 2012
Savor pours a dark orange color with basically no head. Small amount of bubbles cling to the sides of the glass. Looks like a flat beer. The smell is full of honey. A nice backbone of earthiness and flowers mixed in. A very unique aroma. Something I donít think Iíve ever come upon before in a beer. In the taste some of the barrel comes through. I really didnít notice in the aroma. Something I also didnít pick up was some spiciness that I do pick up in the taste. The honey is still the number one taste here mixed in with the flowers which show through a lot more. Earthiness and alcohol round out the taste. Definitely a unique taste. Think of flowers and honey steeped in water with some other stuff through in. Itís a beer but it doesnít exactly taste like one. Mouthfeel is medium bodied and slick. Goes down nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
madmitch76 (15855) - , Essex, ENGLAND - FEB 2, 2013
13th November 2011
Hazy amber beer, short lived off white head. Light palate with crispy fresh minerals. Semi sweet Rose and many other floral things! Light touch of honey and a tiny bit of citrus. Finishes crisp. Initially overwhelming in itís extreme floralness but once the palate adjusts there are all sorts of nice flowery things to pick out and enjoy! Dandelion, rose, violets and many more - itís all here!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
blutt59 (6028) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 9, 2011
bottled, thanks to jjfoodie, clear orange with no head , aroma has some spice and fruit flavor reminds me of french toast and fruit salad

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oteyj (2130) - New Hampshire, USA - JUL 31, 2011
Thanks Jeff! This beer is pretty crazy- pours like fruity nectar with rose petals and mead in the nose, culminating with some sweet grassy herbals and light fruits. Very syrupy texture with low carbonation.