RATINGS: 48   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Barrel one? High gravity flower tinctures? You’ve got some sweet tools in your brewer’s utility belt Jim. As the Joker said of Batman, “Where does he get those wonderful toys!?” Sounds like a great direction fro this recipe. I found some yummy rose syrup made with lemon juice and rose pedals in Turin, Italy. I will send some up for you guys to play with in the lab. I think we could add some in the whirl and it will marry-up to your muti-flower tincture in a sexy way down steam. I like what you wrote about the power of the flowers Jim. In fact, I suggest we simply call this beer Savor Flowers. By interweaving the beer and event names we can drive home the point that craft beer and beautiful foods belong together. - Sam I’m psyched! I love your idea of a collaboration beer for Savor! Can I throw out an idea to the get the process started? We still have some of the original barrels from 1993/94 used for Samula Adams Triple Bock. I think they were the first oak barrels used for beer with this barrel aging thing was just beginning. I think it would be cool to use those same barrels for our collaboration. We should think of something different to do with them this time around. And maybe some other boundaries of brewing to mess with. Any thoughts? Just brew it! -Jim

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jayb0 (1103) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - FEB 28, 2012
Nice packaging, interesting and hard to get beer. The flowers are not light and floral, they are thick, nectary, sweet. This is a dessert almost. Aroma like an orchid farm. Good stuff, not something to quaff heavily, something to, well, savor. Thanks holdwine.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jbeatty (1223) - New York, USA - JUL 30, 2013
Backlog review, bottle obtained at SAVOR and tasted 07/07/2011. Pours translucent dark orange, little head and almost no lacing/residual foam. Aroma is quite floral- reminds me of hyacinth, jasmine - with honey, ginger notes. Taste is strong rose water, sweet malty character, finishing with spicy ginger, alcohol noticeable, subtle barrel character. Medium body, round and light in the mouth. The ginger character reminds me of DFH Pangaea. Unique for sure, and while not my favorite, glad to have tried.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kidobutai (546) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
poured from a bottle. Clear maybe eucalyptus aroma. I’ll steal a phrase that we all agree on: like drinking a bowl of potpourri. Very floral. Good for a special occasion.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jtclockwork (11248) - , New Jersey, USA - MAR 1, 2015
Etched glass bottle. Pours orange white head. Nose/taste of herbal notes, rose hips, lavender. Medium body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Luvystypotables (1179) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2014
An aroma of spice flowers and spice. Light orange colour wit no head. A taste of spice and a hint flowers. With a creamy feel, and a strong flowery taste with a hint of spice. A weird flowery finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
fluffy (1971) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - JUL 22, 2015
wow, i have to say this one is very complex. one of the biggest flavor profiles ive ever had.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Indra (2711) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUL 10, 2011
750ml bottle, courtesy of JB, cheers to him. This was very interesting. The nose was both sweet and intensely flowery, with real honey notes rising from the intense rose perfume, and a certain peppery spice in the background. Mostly clear golden orange in color, the head fading away entirely. Flavor is also very strongly flowery and sweet, with a certain spiciness and gentle warmth in the background. Lightly sticky and low in effervescence, body is medium-full. Rather mead-like, in several aspects. Very glad I only had a couple ounces of this, any more would have been too much for me to deal with, for sure.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
thirdeye11 (5849) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 12, 2011
(750ml bottle thanks to JJFoodie) clear gold with fine white bubbles. Nose of soap, roses, honey, spices and a bit of umami. Taste of cherry, honey, rose, florals, soap, and cinnamon. Weird floral/fruity linger. An odd but very unique beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Drake (10850) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - NOV 27, 2011
Bottle shared at the 6th annual Richmond Industry Gathering, 11/27/11. WTF is this? Pours a clear amber color with a thin creamy head. Decent head retention. Aroma of honey and flowers. Oh, and more flowers. I feel like I’m standing in a field of flowers smelling this. The taste is honey, flowers, sweet malts and faint hops. Medium bodied.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dfonorow (1738) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 5, 2011
Thanks for the bottle Chuck! Pour is golden yellow with a slight haze. Small, finger-wide head. Initial aroma is of herbal remedy, lemons, and some slight sweetness. Flavor is weird at first - earth, spice, soap, and yeast. Flavor and texture get much better as it warms though - sweeter with hints of honey, roses, and spice. My advice is if have this, serve at 55 - 60 degrees, no colder.