RATINGS: 57   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.62/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Schellís Deer Brand was developed prior to Prohibition and has been Schellís flagship beer ever since. Brewed from 70 percent barley malt, 30 percent corn, and our unique íSchellí yeast, Deer Brand is full flavored American Lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Mrthirstyneck (341) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 23, 2007
a parr kraft from schell most of their offerings are quite good not my fav but a nice beer!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
uglyblond1 (177) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 15, 2006
This brewery is highly overrated here. This stuff is OK, but certainly not top echelon. A medium body lager, fairly smooth up front, but not complex, mostly grain. Some hop crispness, but not top quality hops. Finish is OK but not perfect. So many beers are better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
LibraryBrewer (50) - Goodridge, Minnesota, USA - JUN 7, 2006
Golden color,small white head.Malty,cerealish aroma.Mild malty taste with some sweetness and a cereal cornflake sort of flavor.Hops are mild with a good light finish.The beer is pretty decent i think with a good malty lightly sweet taste that is easy going.Not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 12, 2004
Crystal-clear, golden color, big, fluffy, pristine white head, perfect fit for a lager. Aroma, some hops, bright and floral, but a bit soapy, growing sweet, smellish cornish...wonder what adjuncts are at play here? Okay, Iíll play nice...but it is "corny"... Taste: clean, brisk, almost crisp, then fading wuick. Very refreshing, highly downable, tastes pretty decent, actually. Not too much flavor, but it doesnít taste bad, and almost squeaky clean. I though this would be an empty, hollow, even unpleasant experience, and Iím a Schellís fan...silly me, itís a nice lager, nothing but. Iíd never choose it against many of my favorites, but I can imagine this being quite a nice alternative in many Minnesota/Midwest locations where the only other options are Bud, High Life and the like. Yeah, I can drink these, and itís not bad for $4.97 a 6íer!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
badgerben (4681) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - SEP 1, 2004
Golden color with a small head. Pretty malty nose and taste, but not the same maltness of a dopplebock. It has that dusty and rotten quality to it. Kind of plain, but not horrible.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 2, 2004
Gold Coloring. Small Head. Not a Whole Lot Here. Smooth and Uninteresting. Not The Best Offering from Schells.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JPDIPSO (5133) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 24, 2004
I remember this being better than the sample in front of me now, but I do believe this is somewhat dated and will revisit next time in the New Ulm area. Golden color with a tight bubbled, cream colored head. Small lace lines. Light floral and slight paper aroma (I'll chalk that up to the age). Heavy malt sweetness, very reminicant of a eastern europe lager. Light hoppy flavor late. I look forward to a fresh sample.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
HotKarl33 (10) - Wahkon, Minnesota, USA - JUN 21, 2003
I was so happy to see this beer in a small bar in Sioux Falls SD.Smooth and refreshing so much better than anything else I drank on that trip.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
grizzzman (1) - British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 13, 2003 does not count
This is one beer that goes down smooth and kicks back with an "I want more" flavour. Too bad we can only get it when we head south!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - JAN 28, 2003
I think this brew is very under rated it comes off with a nice golden color,slightly malty nose with some hoppiness to it.The flavor was light on the malt medium to higher on the hopps with a very clean finish well worth trying if you can and for being a small local brewery for this area they produce some damn good beer with none in there brews listed in the drain pour.