overall

RATINGS: 286   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
This all malt, Vienna-style lager is a real crowd pleaser! Roasted malts and imported hops give it a deliciously smooth malt taste backed by a light hop finish. Perfect for any occasion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
harrymel (1503) - Spokane, Washington, USA - NOV 17, 2013
Best by 09SEP13 Its a lovely amber with a solid sheet of toasted cream on top. Smells sweet with some nougat, some pale malt, some biscuit and a bit of tea. Flavor is malts, sweet, some banana, some more tea (sweet tea in the south), some bits of orange peel. Medium on full bodied with fine, creamy carbonation and a wet finish. Decent beer, nothing I’d be likely to slam repeatedly.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MarkSachon (590) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 21, 2013
12 oz bottle from unknown origin in Pittsburgh. Generally bland and unremarkable. I won’t be going back anytime soon.

Maibock (4) - - JUL 6, 2013 does not count
Used to be able to get this on Northwest Airline Flights in a can. It was awesome at 35,000 feet in First Class. I loved it. Bottled from the liquor store was not the same, but still a very enjoyable beer. Very Smooth and Creamy. Very little after bite. I pause and look at it whenever I’m at my beer store, but alas, I move on. Still not a bad beer. My favorite from August Schell.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JorgeLee (1202) - Greater London, ENGLAND - MAY 19, 2013
Tap in Republic, Minneapolis. Good mid-amber colour with a thin head. Pleasant malty aroma, firm taste initially, hint of biscuit, something else a bit weird is it metal? Thin finish. Pleasant enough but a bit disappointing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
joergen (20847) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - APR 27, 2013
Bottle at yespr. Clear amber coloured with a small off-white head. Sweet and fruity aroma f caramel and hops. Sweet and fruty flavour of caramel and hops. Hoppy finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ungstrup (29367) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - APR 26, 2013
Bottled. A pale golden beer with a yellowish head. The aroma has notes of straw and malt. The flavor is sweet with notes of straw and malt, leading to a dry finish. Thanks yespr for sharing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
yespr (31232) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - APR 26, 2013
12 fl oz bottle. Pours clear and golden orange with a small white to off white head. Aroma is toasted malty and light caramelish. Bitter and light toasted malty. Mild caramelish and light bitter. Bitter and dry finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mnblueliner (3) - Minnesota, USA - APR 22, 2013 does not count
Son-in-law got me to try this one. Aroma is light with a pleasant malt odor. Appearance is a somewhat sparkling amber with an average white head and persistent lacing. Taste is subtle malt with just a hint of hops- not a lot of flavor but very pleasant and drinkable. Palate gets a light/medium feel with slight carbonation and a clean finish. Won’t tell my son-in-law but I might have found my new everyday favorite with this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
polomagnifico (1202) - Saginaw, Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2013
Bottle. Aroma has notes of caramel malts, toasted breads, cereal grains and light bittering hops. Dark brown hue with a small off-white head that mostly diminished and left little lace. Flavor is medium sweet and very little bitterness. Palate is medium bodied and watery average. Overall a decent brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lostrealities (10) - Shakopee, Minnesota, USA - FEB 14, 2013
I have enjoyed this brew ever since my stay at the Holiday Inn in New Ulm, MN. Whenever I find this available, I always buy. Let my ratings speak for my lack of description.