overall

RATINGS: 286   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
This all malt, Vienna-style lager is a real crowd pleaser! Roasted malts and imported hops give it a deliciously smooth malt taste backed by a light hop finish. Perfect for any occasion.

larryg (8) - chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 14, 2006 does not count
this is a great lager, among the best ive ever had. smooth & flavorful. a perfect winter beer. i wouldnt drink this with food. its too good to be disguised by food. i drank it from the bottle so i cant eveluate the head but if i could find it by the case id load up! ive only seen it in minnesota so good luck finding it. im not crazy about schell original lager but the specialty recipes are top notch

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 9, 2002
Duff man sya’s ohhhhhhh yah wisconsin might think they have it all in there brewery’s but minnesota has the best beer coming out of theres.this one has flavor good body light after taste damn good try it and you’ll be saying too.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - DEC 8, 2003
Very tasty!!! This beer re-confirms why I love Viennas so darn much! The malt is deliciously assertive - with a honeyish sweetness that's to die for. In addition, the hops aren't forgotten, but they're in the background. Just enough to properly augment things, but they disappear quickly and don't linger. My lone complaint is the inability to get a head out of it! Otherwise, bravo.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
butrain (14) - USA - NOV 1, 2002
The first beer I have ever opened, sipped for the first time, and exclaimed, "Wow!" Tastes like a very light guinness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
aetheon (82) - The Gutter, Minnesota, USA - JAN 19, 2009
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2009 nice dark amber color, medium full bodied, smooth malt forward. I love the balance of this beer, heavy on toasted malts with enough hops to bring it all together. my favorite Schell beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lostrealities (10) - Shakopee, Minnesota, USA - FEB 14, 2013
I have enjoyed this brew ever since my stay at the Holiday Inn in New Ulm, MN. Whenever I find this available, I always buy. Let my ratings speak for my lack of description.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
waldo53 (2) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 27, 2007 does not count
I love this beer...I was born about 1 mile from the brewery. Great Beer with great flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
stefanberggren (135) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 31, 2003
This a very nice representation of a Vienna style and at a nice price to boot. Head fades somewhat fast(perhaps my glass?) malt aroma is very evident after pour. Color is copper and very clear. Although there was some residual yeast in the bottle. Nice hops flavor that is not at all obtrusive to the malt. Caramel notes are present and linger in the finish. Nice job !

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
jebert (500) - Watertown, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 3, 2011
Pours a reddish cooper into the glass with a medium sized light tan head that mostly dissipates. Aroma is of malt. Very creamy on the palate with a pleasant taste of malt on the front end and a light dry finish. Very quaffable brew that pairs well with ham and swiss on rye.

Maibock (4) - - JUL 6, 2013 does not count
Used to be able to get this on Northwest Airline Flights in a can. It was awesome at 35,000 feet in First Class. I loved it. Bottled from the liquor store was not the same, but still a very enjoyable beer. Very Smooth and Creamy. Very little after bite. I pause and look at it whenever I’m at my beer store, but alas, I move on. Still not a bad beer. My favorite from August Schell.