overall

RATINGS: 155   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Schellís Stout has been chosen as our newest year round craft beer offering. As our 2006 Snow Storm, the Stout received so many requests to bring the beer back, we simply couldnít ignore them. A departure from our traditional German style lagers, our Schellís Stout is a London-Style Sweet Stout. If you enjoy the taste of coffee and chocolate, youíll love this delicious brew. We used only the finest malts imported from Great Britain. Sure, it might cost a little more to brew, but weíre certain youíll agree itís worth it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bendz1 (87) - Ankeny, Iowa, USA - JAN 1, 2007
One of my favorite winter brews this season. So dark in color light doesnít shine through at all. Great coffee and chocolate flavores. Head doesnít stay around long.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 12, 2009
I got this beer in a sampler pack. It was labeled as Schell Stout. I wasnít really expecting much out of this beer as I thought it would be a lame attempt at a stout by a mediocre brewery but I was pleasantly surprised. Motor oil black with a dark tan head. Some lacing. Roasty malt aroma. Roasted chocolate, malty taste with a caramel finish. I am totally impressed with this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
13mikey (503) - New Hope, Minnesota, USA - APR 11, 2010
12 oz bottle from TC Craft. Deep brown colored pour with a thick creamy tan head. Roasted chocolate aroma. Sweet, creamy, chocolate flavor with a sweet finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
bpreo (1715) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - AUG 28, 2010
This one is a Stout, which means it canít do any wrong to my tongue. Good job!

detroiter (958) - Euphoria, Minnesota, USA - JAN 15, 2007
I open a bottle and pour it into an oversized dimple mug. But wait, thereís room for more - so I open a second. I love this glass! Looks like a thick black beer, topped by under an inch of soft brown foam. Okay head retention and lace. Mild, sweetened dark coffee aroma. Tasty brew - rich flavorful - yet easy to drink. Sweet chocolate. Bitter chocolate. Dark roast coffee. Vanilla. Slightly tangy hops for balance. Roasted malt aftertaste. Smooth - almost silky.

jebert (500) - Watertown, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 9, 2012
Pours a dark brown almost black with a nice sized head of tan foam. Nose is cocoa and dark malt. The texture is full with good creaminess. Taste is full of cocoa, coffee and dark roasted grains. It has a nice finish that is not too sweet or too bitter. A well made stout that compares well to Guiness. Try it with with smoked cheese and crackers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
incutrav (577) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - JAN 22, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 5, 2008 Not as good as past years. Weak taste on this one. Pretty smooth going down, but i didnt detect all the flavors that they claim should be present...my palate was wrecked that night though from trying about a dozen beer before this....REVISION: after having a few more, not sure what i was thinking, great brew, having a fresh pallete helped quite, nice coffe/sweet taste, very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thejoeshow (232) - Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA - NOV 29, 2008
12 oz bottle. Pours a very dark brown/black with a frothy tan head that has great retention and very nice lacing. Aroma is heavy on the chocolate and roasted malts. Smells nice and smooth. Flavor is rich and roasted with a very nice underling hint of chocolate. I really like this. It is easy on the palate while being big enough on the palate to compete with bigger beers. This is a very approachable stout and, dare I say it......a gateway stout....wtf?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
XmnwildX12 (2078) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - MAY 17, 2011
Poured a nice color color, with not much of a head on it. Had a nice chocolate scent and had a very light smokiness flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
xnoxhatex (1305) - Grand Rapids/Chicago, Michigan, USA - JUL 29, 2007
12 oz from discount liqour in Milwaukee. Opaque black with small tan head. Roasted malt aroma with chocolate, a little alc, some sweetness. Dark sweet roasted malt, smoke throughout, dark chocolate, a little bitterness, and vanilla. Creamy, med body. Very nice, a lot better than I was expecting.