overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 274   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.78   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
This unfiltered American Wheat Ale is light in color, body and bitterness, with the delicious finish of wheat malt. Available on draft and in bottles.

homersherry (1) - murphysboro, Illinois, USA - SEP 19, 2006 does not count
I’m a blue moon fan, but when I feel like a big girl I drink this. It is a big drying to the palate but that may be caused by something else if you know what I mean. <!-- Drunk grin --> I need to be up in under 6 hours but I will go to bed as soon as I type 75 words.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
gdonaho (1) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 11, 2004 does not count
Of all the beers I have served from my tap, this receives the most praise. It is mellow with no bite, smooth, and just good tasting. I recently had six cowboys in from Texas and they could not get enough Hefeweizen. Maybe it is because it is so fresh from the tap, maybe the it is the brewmaster, but this is the best all around tasting beer by my standards. On average, I use a keg a month, year round, mostly consumed by friends and guest.... My record is having a large keg consumed in about an hour at a party. Until you taste this one, you have not had a truly great beer. I can’t speak for the bottled Hefeweizen.......

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
365daysabeer (4) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 24, 2011 does not count
Fresh Schlafly Hefe with a chunk of lemon is fantastic. Lighter than many other Hefe’s, with a beautiful golden-amber, slightly translucent color.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
gschrade (460) - Collinsville, USA - NOV 4, 2013
I had this at Fridays. Pours gold with a white head. Taste lemony, citrus. I thought was pretty good. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
NeoHippie2 (792) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - AUG 13, 2008
Bottle. I’m a bit suprised at the overall lower rating this beer received. Lots of wheat and malt on the nose. Good crisp mouthfeel with a smooth finish. Really solid wheat ale. Definitely worth a try.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dickinsonbeer (5076) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAR 25, 2002
A great american style wheat. Not too hoppy, a good balance of malt and wheat, and very refreshing. I also noticed not as much head or head retention which a good wheat beer should have. I didnt notice enough of the yeasty flavors that a good hefe is supposed to have, but thats fine with me because I dont really like the wheats with too much yeasty flavors.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
k2 (146) - USA - JUL 20, 2002
Good solid wheat beer. One of the better ones on the market. This beer is much better on draft when it is truely fresh.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - FEB 3, 2003
Beautiful head, great body--everything i like in a aa a beer (yea thats it). A little cloudy, but remarkably crisp--nicely done schlafly again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
andyhwcinc (1347) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 11, 2011
Enjoyed on tap at Schlafly Tap Room in St. Louis, MO as part of a sampler. Appearance really bright yellow with rich frothy white head. Aroma not really anything there, maybe yeast if anything. Taste is an explosion of flavor. Just goes down very crisp with notes of wheat and straw, also a bit of lemon grind. Yeast also heavily in the mix but greatly balanced. One of the best American Hefe’s I’ve had!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - JAN 24, 2002
A very good hefe. Good citrus aroma and taste. Very little head for the style but doesn’t detract.