overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 229   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25   IBU: 25   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
This full-bodied, deep reddish-amber lager is strong and malty. Traditionally brewed in March for the Oktoberfest in the fall, this style is also known as Märzen. Available September and October.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
365daysabeer (4) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 24, 2011 does not count
Excellent all-over beer. Has some hoppy-ness to it, which I love, and is tempered with malt to sweeten it up a bit. Nice balance.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - SEP 12, 2002
This is one of, if not the, freshest bottled beers I have had. MaxPower sent it to me and it was bottled on 8/19...less than a month old. Perfect malt nose, touch of yeast, very earthy. Slight hop tinge in the finale, but all sweet, extremely well-done malting. An excellent beer, and not just becuase it was sent to me unawares.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
RickS95 (36) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - OCT 20, 2008
I made a mistake in drinking this. I was looking for a Wild Blue Blueberry Lager, and grabbed this by mistake. I didn’t even look at the label when I pulled it out of the fridge. I poured it, didn’t look like blueberry. I smelled it, didn’t smell like blueberry. I was confused, so I took a drink, didn’t taste like blueberry. My second thought was, "Damn, that’s good beer." I continued til the glass was gone, and then looked at the bottle to realize I drank the wrong beer. I was happy I did...it poured with a nice, quickly evaporating head, and slight lacing. Nice amber color with a hint of seasonal spices. Smooth to drink, with only a hint of bitter in the slightly sweet finish. Can’t wait to buy a case...as good a beer as I’ve had in a while.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BOBANDDOUG (61) - Belleville, Illinois, USA - AUG 29, 2007
Wow. Pours a beautiful copper, with an off white, that fades quick. Nice aroma of caramel, and malt. Taste is very smmoth, of caramel, grains, and a slight hop finish. Finishes with a hint of spice, overall a wonderful beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Edtorrey (26) - Alabama, USA - OCT 7, 2013
In addition to what you'd expect from a typical Marzen, this year's Oktoberfest has a little pumpkin pie spice aftertaste and a little more residual sweet. Perfect color. Great taste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ads135 (2921) - Lawrence, Kansas, USA - NOV 11, 2013
This is a pretty solid oktoberfest. Sweet, malty, with some nice crispness adding a bit at the end.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
wmatyi (10) - Illinois, USA - NOV 20, 2013
This is my go to Octoberfest, nice malt up front, really easy drinking for he type, I could drink this beer all year round.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 9, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2003 Clear orange-copper color, nice white foamy head. Has a light flowery and malty caramel aromas, sweet, balanced malts and clean tasting, medium body, nice rounded malty mouthfeel, this is a great oktoberfest, with a maibock feel some great stuff and strong for the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bomble (2) - USA - SEP 18, 2006 does not count
Not Schlafly’s Best, but fairly good. Thicker than implied as an Oktoberfest beer. Metallic presence, medium body.

StanMemTn (52) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - OCT 21, 2008
Bottle poured at home A great Oktoberfest. A very nice deep amber color, drinks very easily. I tend to choose Sam Adams Octoberfest over this one based on the deep malty flavor. However this has a great finish- better than Sam Adams Octoberfest.