overall

RATINGS: 298   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.86   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Schlafly Tasmanian IPA is brewed with 100% Australian hops. The Tasmanian hop, Galaxy, is a strong, aromatic variety that is different from traditional strains of the Pacific Northwest. Our brewers developed a recipe that showcases the hopís unique flavors of citrus and pineapple.

indytoolman (6) - - FEB 10, 2014 does not count
I give this beer a perfect score in my book. It has quickly grown as one of my favorite brews, enought that it may become a repeat purchase on my self proclaimed brews of america tour. I am itching for 5 o clock so I can enjoy this beer in all of its glory!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
lizrox (3) - laurel, Maryland, USA - JAN 26, 2014 does not count
This beer is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. ...In other words I liked it a lot.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Vir4030 (529) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2014
Pours a clear yellow on tap at horse and hound. Sweet hoppy aroma. Excellent galactic flavor!!! This is a great beer especially for a galaxy hophead like myself.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hopslammer (30) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - NOV 6, 2012
dear...lord...The hop aroma startled me not just in itís pungency or potency, but also in the fact that it reminded me of sweat. And I thought to myself "this is the only time i will say that sweat smells good, someone should bottle this stuff" bear in mind that i thought that while sniffing out of a bottle...Kevin, the beer guy at my local beer store poured me a taste of this in store and wow...it smells like grapefruit and oranges, and lemon and sweat all rolled in one! It tasted like that too, but to a slightly lesser degree. I had to buy the six-pack, and i did. and it was awesome. you should too if you get a chance.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Benphishin (10) - Michigan, USA - DEC 28, 2013
Wonderful nose of hops. Citrus nose and finish with a nice sweet flavor which after reading would be the pineapple. Light gold color like a pilsner. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
JonLaRue (24) - St Louis, Missouri, USA - OCT 16, 2014
This beer has hops and the nose knows. The brew has a light gold amber hue just thick enough to not be sour. Taste is a hop loving IPA drinkers dream. The hops are known as "Galaxy Hops" a Schlafly rep informed me about 2 years ago. That has to be true because th e taste is out of this world. The mouth feel is a just slightly over carbonated for me but it not anything to be angry about. This beer is an IPA loverís dream. #KUDOS #SCHLAFLY

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ReedM (27) - - OCT 13, 2013
I missed this beer all year. When you open the bottle you just get blasted with a beer that smells like citrusy fruit juice. Take a sip, and you get a creamy, citrusy hop ride. Pour it into a glass, and you get a very sharp citrus/alcohol aroma, and the mouthfeel is an aggressively hoppy ipa with enough body to make it linger. Off draft it tastes like pine trees, and gets a 4.9 lol. But this was out of a bottle on 10-13-13 into a DFH IPA glass, and it was bottled on 10-1-13.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
AndyW68 (1145) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 7, 2014
Wow. Hazy yellow. Looks like an orange cream drink. Aroma is sweet tangerines. Taste follows nose but a little less intense and a little bitter.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
GenDV138 (1638) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - OCT 19, 2014
12 oz bottle poured into a Spiegelau tulip. Bottled 9/25/2014. Semi-clear golden orange with tiny bits of floating sediment throughout. Aromas of orange/tangerine citrus, tropical fruit, stone fruit, some floral notes. Tastes of citrus, tropical fruit, floral notes, some stone fruit. Medium body with a semi-dry finish. Juicy mouthfeel, medium carbonation. One of my top IPAs and my favorite IPA from Schlafly.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jake1850 (1) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 29, 2012 does not count
Awesome Galaxy hops. Hope more brewers start to explore that regions hops.