overall

RATINGS: 108   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.03   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Very Smooth Lager

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
markwise (4427) - North of Tampa, Florida, USA - DEC 22, 2008
Can thanks to kiefdog. Yeah, it is a rating- corn, rice, lager taste. Definitely worth the money, all 99 cents. Would buy before I bought some other macros. I can say I have had it, huh. I should have saved it for my 1000th rating. Darn.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
sebletitje (6592) - Enghien, BELGIUM - DEC 21, 2008
courtesy of kiefdog Pours golden with white head. Aroma and taste have plenty of malts with ample sweetness - corn. Overall not an awful beer, it can only get as good as the price of the can. Just nothing I would buy.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
kiefdog (1826) - Tampa, Florida, USA - DEC 19, 2008
24oz can from Beer World (Largo, FL). Some in our group were afraid of this beer, but for 99 cents for 24 ounces, this seemed worth a try. Pours a clear bright yellow color with thin white head. Aroma is better than I expected and had sweet, malt and corn notes. Flavor is also better than I expected with notes of sweet malt and honey. Light body with a slightly watery finish. Better than many of the macros and 8.5% to boot.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Ratman197 (9522) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - DEC 8, 2008
24 oz can poured a clear gold with a lasting creamy white head. Aromas of corn, bread dough and light graininess. Palate was medium bodied and smooth. Flavors of bread dough, straw and light corn with a smooth bittersweet finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
oldrtybastrd (3223) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 30, 2008
Pours a fizzy crisp golden yellow. Aromas of corn, minor hopping, and not much else. Flavor is bland american lager with almost no hops. Is ther any difference between this and Bull/Olde English/Big Bear??? Taste like the same beer to me.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
SchlitzWilkos (4) - , California, USA - OCT 30, 2008 does not count
SCHLITZ HIGH GRAVITY VSL. The nectar of kings. The first time i had a schlitz i creamed my pants. Oooh so tasty. As the nice foam slides down my throat and i get the first taste of the highest gravity of VSL. Schlitz malt liquor is the finest malt liquor and if you dont like schlitz you can suck your own penis.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
CanIHave4Beers (3185) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - SEP 13, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2009 Picked this up while my wife was in the restroom at some gas station in Atlanta. This is absolutely not what I expected at all whatsoever. I figured it would be a run of the mill too sweet, too grainy, too alcoholic malt liquor. I was surprised to find out it was basically none of these things (besides being a malt liquor, this fact can not be contested) Pours a light translucent gold (of course) with a small tight head that surprisingly sticks around, but leaves little to no lace (of course) Aroma left much to be desired I detected nothing special or pleasant about it, fairly run of the mill sweet malt, sort of soapy Malt liquor, with some alcohol aromas. But the taste is what really took me by surprise, I initially tasted what seemed to be a muscat grape character, balanced well with a good dryness that protects this one from being way too malty sweet! It is in no way complex, but interesting no doubt. The texture of this beer was somewhat remarkable as it was velvety smooth without a trace of alcoholic bite. I can’t say I’d drink a lot of this, but I will certainly buy it again just for the experience. It is no doubt a very smooth, and a very surprising Lager.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2517) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - AUG 22, 2008
Wow, this is classy. Bright golden color with a very artificial seeming foamy head. Funky nose was somewhat soapy and very grainy. Flavor was soapy with a weird fruitiness, somewhat appley, I guess there is a lot of acetaldehyde? The VSL label seems accurate enough as it does have a smooth almost slick finish. Mildly fizzy mouthfeel. Finish is grainy and harsh, fusel. Somewhat comparable to euro strong lagers but this one has a poor fermentation profile.Coming back to it - I didn’t drink it fast enough and as the beer warmed it developed a terrifically horrid grainy fuselly bite in the finish that is easily compared to garbage and dishwater.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
PorterPounder (5363) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 14, 2008
Jacksonville, Fl. - Kangaroo Convenience Store - somewhere off of I-295. Big, mean looking black 24 oz can. Light golden pour, with a pithy white head. Slight wet paper bag aroma with some grassy notes and a hint of alcohol. Flavor is not as deplorable as expected - this is not your Dad’s malt likkah from the ’70s. Some syrupy sweetness of course, but misses that that clenching texture and flavor that many MLs have. Hint of honey sweetness with a heavy alcohol back end. While not harsh - definitely not for the faint of heart or stomach. Like its moniker - VSL - all in all a very smooth lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
kp (10886) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - AUG 13, 2008
Date: 07/03/2008
Mode: Can
Source: Ale Atlanta

Appearance: clear gold, fine white head,
Aroma: light sweet grain aroma,
Flavor: sweet malt flavor, candy sweetness, touch of grain, just a hint of peppery alcohol,

Aroma: 3/10; Appearance: 4/10; Flavor: 3/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 6/20
Rating: 1.7/5.0