overall

RATINGS: 114   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.04   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Very Smooth Lager

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
JHeath99 (1117) - Warner Robins, Georgia, USA - JUL 26, 2014
Can from the gas station. Pours a transparent golden with no head. Aroma and taste of cheap malts.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
CanIHave4Beers (3351) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - SEP 13, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2009 Picked this up while my wife was in the restroom at some gas station in Atlanta. This is absolutely not what I expected at all whatsoever. I figured it would be a run of the mill too sweet, too grainy, too alcoholic malt liquor. I was surprised to find out it was basically none of these things (besides being a malt liquor, this fact can not be contested) Pours a light translucent gold (of course) with a small tight head that surprisingly sticks around, but leaves little to no lace (of course) Aroma left much to be desired I detected nothing special or pleasant about it, fairly run of the mill sweet malt, sort of soapy Malt liquor, with some alcohol aromas. But the taste is what really took me by surprise, I initially tasted what seemed to be a muscat grape character, balanced well with a good dryness that protects this one from being way too malty sweet! It is in no way complex, but interesting no doubt. The texture of this beer was somewhat remarkable as it was velvety smooth without a trace of alcoholic bite. I can’t say I’d drink a lot of this, but I will certainly buy it again just for the experience. It is no doubt a very smooth, and a very surprising Lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
sebletitje (6895) - Enghien, BELGIUM - DEC 21, 2008
courtesy of kiefdog Pours golden with white head. Aroma and taste have plenty of malts with ample sweetness - corn. Overall not an awful beer, it can only get as good as the price of the can. Just nothing I would buy.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
markwise (4543) - North of Tampa, Florida, USA - DEC 22, 2008
Can thanks to kiefdog. Yeah, it is a rating- corn, rice, lager taste. Definitely worth the money, all 99 cents. Would buy before I bought some other macros. I can say I have had it, huh. I should have saved it for my 1000th rating. Darn.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
fata2683 (2176) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - DEC 4, 2011
can from Chevron, pours light gold, thin white head. Aroma is sweet corn and pale grains. Flavor is sweet grassy malts, lots of sweet corn and syrup. Eh.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
anthlovesbeer (67) - north grafton, Massachusetts, USA - APR 27, 2008
A very smart marketing technique towards beer fans here...a tallboy 24oz can, 8.5% and "very smooth lager" right on the can. Wow! But not really! A little harsh for me, but then again it’s 8.5% and a lager. Not much flavor going on, and it became a little rough after each sip. Not very attractive; no head and overly carbonated. It should read: "N.V.S.L" for "not very smooth lager". But it is worth a try.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
kiefdog (1826) - Tampa, Florida, USA - DEC 19, 2008
24oz can from Beer World (Largo, FL). Some in our group were afraid of this beer, but for 99 cents for 24 ounces, this seemed worth a try. Pours a clear bright yellow color with thin white head. Aroma is better than I expected and had sweet, malt and corn notes. Flavor is also better than I expected with notes of sweet malt and honey. Light body with a slightly watery finish. Better than many of the macros and 8.5% to boot.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bhensonb (11494) - Woodland, California, USA - OCT 19, 2010
Pours mediam gold with a frothy nearwhite head. Aromas of wheat, corn and a slight amount of fruit. Full bodied; creamy carbonation. Flavor is pretty clean, lightly sweet, and there’s a slight touch of light stone fruit in the finish. Not much heat. Just rated Earthquake HGL, and this is even better. :)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
uvajed (174) - Ravenna, Ohio, USA - MAR 30, 2011
Unoffensive aroma, very light, maybe a little grass and wheat was all I could pick up, Not suref what it looks like - it’s malt liquor, so you better drink it straigh out of the big-ass can! But I bet it is a clear, medium yellow, pouring with a small, thin head, and leaves little lacing. I wouldn’t say it tastes "good," but not really bad, either. Not overly sweet or especially corny, like so many malt liquors, and the alcohol does not dominate. Surprisingly drinkable for a cheap, 8.5% malt liquor. Much better than say, Earthquake, the Camo line, Steel Reserve, etc., and much less work than OE 800, which seems like a whole meal in a bottle. On par with mickey’s, in my opinion, though sweeter and higher in alcohol content, and perhaps even lighter. If you are low on cash (but not actually a bum), want to get fuxored up, and can’t stand Earthquake, Four Loco, or anything else ridiculously sweet, 2 or 3 of these are just what you are looking for. Heck, it shows its Stroh’s/Pabst/Miller lineage in that it almost tastes like a decent old man beer. If this suddenly became the only beer available on Earth, I’d cry, but I could get used to it. Bottom line: it is what it is, junk, but pretty good junk that I’ll probably try again some day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Cybercat (3497) - Georgia, USA - MAY 29, 2011
Aroma is actually better than I expected - nothing to write home about, as the old cliche goes, but rather nice. It is strong, fruity - mainly apple - and malty, better than what I expected from a beer of this type. It pours a rather uninspiring clear wan yellow with a rather typical white head. Flavor is not too shabby, though - stronger and fuller than I expected, malty and fruity with a bit of a nip. It’s actually a little enjoyable! Texture is smooth and just a bit fizzy, no big shakes, but better than most industrial swill I have had. OK if there isn’t much else to drink.