overall

RATINGS: 347   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.41   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

shrubber85's rating

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
shrubber85 (6978) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - JUL 17, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2014 Typical cheap malt liquor. Corn malt aroma. Yellow with decent head. Sweet corn malt flavor and sharp alcohol finish that burns the throat after swallowing. Fusels not quite as apparent as in many mainstream malt liquors. My first experience with this lovely beer was in 1986. I had spent the entire summer in glorious Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri in Army Basic Training doing never-ending pushups and drinking nothing stronger than 2% milk and Army coffee. At the end of this great 10 weeks, my platoon was awarded the Honor Platoon for the company (which did nothing for us but got our Drill Sergeant honors as best Drill Sergeant). After weeks of yelling at us and making our lives miserable, suddenly the Drill Sergeants were our best friends. They bought us about 10 cases of various beers - one of which was a CASE of Schlitz Malt Likker (why don’t they do that anymore?). Now there are several points which must be made to understand this story: 1 - I was under 21 and was only a part-time beer drinker at this time, 2 - I hadn’t touched a drop of ethanol in about 3 months, 3 - I had lost about 40 pounds. So I got my can of SML (along with some Coors and something else - we each got 3 cans). Oh, did it taste glorious! And one beer was all it took to get me a hefty buzz (but of course, I had 2 more beers to drink). The next day was very fun. Only those who have been forced to stop drinking against their own will for a prolonged period can possibly understand the joy when you get your hands on a beer again (those who served in the military or those who have incarcerated - really not a great deal of difference overall). Had a similar experience 22 years later in Iraq - but at least there I could drink NA beer.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Headbanger (2978) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 16, 2014
Can (Old Notes)-Pours golden with a small head. Aroma of grains, corn, and grass. Taste of a bit sour and slight alcohol. This light to medium brew is pretty bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Homer321 (976) - Rock Ridge, Florida, USA - FEB 20, 2014
Bottle thanks to drowland. Very cold. Not much flavor. Slightly sweetish. Just watery otherwise. Blah.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
sinjintiger (5) - Texas, USA - JAN 10, 2014 does not count
I called this rocket fuel at one time, it gave me the highest happiest highs!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Beerman6686 (3870) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 26, 2013
This poured a light straw like color with a white head. Aroma was of corn, metal and fusels. Falvor was similar, especially as is warmed, became almsot undrinkable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
b3shine (4416) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 29, 2013
24 oz can to pint (shared with the Mrs.). Looks decent for the style; a transparent gold with white head. Smells and tastes doughy and a bit skunky with an average (at best) mouthfeel. Maybe a bit of corn too. Not good, but not as bad as its scores suggest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DrewFace (468) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - OCT 24, 2013
Tallboy courtesy of Homer321. Pours a crystal clear dark golden color with big white fluffy head. Aroma is light, semi sweet, lager yeast character, very mild corn. Flavor is fairly mild for a likka, very low corn adjunct character, slight astringency in finish and a touch of alcohol. Not the best but certainly not the worst likka I’ve had.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Eberndt (133) - - OCT 5, 2013
24oz bottle. This was my go to malt liquor in the day. Always tastes better in a glass container. Probably one of the better tasting malts out there.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
bunget (439) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 27, 2013
946ml bottle. Clear pale yellow body, small white head, poor retention. Aroma of wet cardboard, skunk, herbs, metallic notes. Taste is strongly medicinal, sour, grains, herbs, cooked vegetables. Nasty!

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Augdraught1981 (107) - Harlem, Georgia, USA - JUL 9, 2013
Pure corn & sugar adjunct beer with a pungent grainy nose that smells like flat beer. Actually goes down fairly smooth although it gets stronger into the beer and I forced myself to finish it.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
VITUSBEERHOUSE (214) - SANTIAGO DE LOS CABALLEROS, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - JUL 4, 2013
comprada en un supermercado de la Florida probando algo nuevo,olor a oxido y al paladar agua con un ligero amargo que parece al lupulo, un buen catador de cervezas debe de probar estas ’cosas’ tambien