Schmidts Light

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 16   MEAN: 1.31/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   ABV: -
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Skyview (5109) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - JUN 8, 2008
Good thing our host bought a whole 30-pack of this so I can try one can of this light beer. Pours a clear golden straw brew with a fast dissolving white head that dissipates clean with some bubbles at side. Aroma of light corn grits and citrus zest. Taste is just as watery as the full strength version with a light multi-grain and corn grits flavor. Finish is quite watery, some citrus hops and a touch of butter. An ever more watered down, mass-produced malt beverage that someone calls it as beer.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - APR 11, 2008
Light straw color with a taller artificial white head. Light corn, white grapes, and grain aromas. Quite sweet, with some grain and corn syrup. Some hops, but no real flavor, just a bit of bitterness. I know what I’ll be boiler my first batch of brats this summer in.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
detroiter (958) - Euphoria, Minnesota, USA - JAN 27, 2007
A light clear effervescent gold color, with a short-lived head of white foam. Lacing? Nope. Mild beery aroma - not really malt, not really corn. Sweet sugary beer at first, then (surprisingly) some hops for balance. This turns to a dry adjunct finish. Light and fizzy.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Beerdedone (2494) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 31, 2006
Can. Pours yellow with a white head. Aroma of corn and grain. Flavor is water, corn and grain. Thin body, horrible brew, more like corn flavored water.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
beerbill (3272) - Laurel, New York, USA - JAN 10, 2006
12 oz. can. Yet another local brewer that bit the dust. Remember Christian Schmidt Brewing Co. of Philadelphia? Almost identical to their regular beer. Slightly lighter in color, metallic flavor, thick mouthfeel, although a bit watered down compared to their regular swill.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
oldrtybastrd (3225) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 30, 2005
Pours a light golden yellow. Aromas of minor hops, corn, grains. Flavor is light, crisp, watery with a little hop and not much else.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - AUG 1, 2004
Not alot of difference between the regual and the light with the exception of it being lighter in body and taste.A little less bite at the end but over all a decent brew that will work well for cutting the thirst.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
DocLock (7502) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2004
As with the other Schmidt's styles, this one doesn't have much to offer. Have a lemonade or iced tea instead.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
wulfhere (217) - Billings, Montana, USA - NOV 21, 2003
No. I have to say that I like the Animal Beers that my parents drank. I didn't like this skunk swill at all.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 12, 2003
I bought a 12 pack of this beer when I was in college shortly after seeing the "Schmidt's Gay" commercial on SNL. It was the begining of the semester, I was visiting my buddy and it seemed really funny to me to find Schmidt's beer. After managing to choke down about a 6 pack of this beer, I decided to leave the rest for my greatful hosts. Needless to say, everytime I came back to visit, they in sisted I take it, and when I didn't, they left it in the fridge when they moved out. To say this beer is bad would require redifining bad to mean geaaaa-ewwick-bla-ni-ni-mruf-blarg!