overall

RATINGS: 71   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Hopknocker Imperial IPA OG 1098/136 IBU/10% ABV An Imperial IPA to satisfy the deep craving for hops, and please the Big Beer Boys at the same time. If this one does not put you in your place . . . your scary!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
thereaper (5) - Grand Rapids, USA - JUL 27, 2010 does not count
I reach for a Hopknocker when the need for a very flavorful beer arises. Great on the tongue, good bouquet, nice appearance. Hopknocker is an IPA done right.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
bgbeer (4) - Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA - MAR 17, 2012 does not count
GREAT BEER!!! Travel as far as necessary to get one. Big IPA with a great Finnish..

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
beerdogforyou (7) - - JUN 2, 2012 does not count
smooth imperial IPA..the more I drink the better i like it...just another example of Michigan Brewers making fantastic beers...

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
aRBy (9) - Michigan, USA - JUL 27, 2010 does not count
This is one of Schmohzí "high test" ales; 10% ABV. Itís a favorite for growler fills to take home. The only shortcoming I notice is that Hopcknocker is a bit sweet on the pallet. Itís not objectionable by any means. I certainly like it, but some people might not. I have yet to meet one so I guess that 10% alcohol content thingy must have magical persuasive powers. Oh! One more thing. The caricature of íMs. Hopknocker" is based on one of Schmohzí brewtap tenders. Oh yes! We all know who it is and if you come to Schmohz at the right time of the week, youíll have no trouble recognizing her.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Onslow (1135) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - NOV 17, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 5, 2011 Pour from a 12 oz bottle. Darker brown brew - color like a cola - with frothy tan head. Good head retention and lacing. Aroma - hmmm... we have fruit - peaches a day or two too ripe, a little apricot; we have lightly roasted malt, a bit of brown sugar, a little dark fruit and aromatic hops. Ethanol is not present as a unique aroma but it certianly adds a lot of life to the bouquet. Taste is sweet lightly roasted malts at the start, peachy fruit throughout, with a modest hoppiness in the finsih and a lingering caramel malt taste. Strong stuff but not a hint of booziness in this. This is really good! But Iím scratching my head wondering - I canít imagine that this is 130 IBU, it is slightly sweet and not too hoppy IMO. It does not look like an IPA (imperial or otherwise) and does not smell or taste like one. If I hadnít read the label I would peg it as an American Strong Ale and a damn fine one at that. Well, whatever... Iíll buy it again, it is great.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bunkie (4) - Alabama, USA - JUN 29, 2010 does not count
Pint from the tap. Aroma had a citrus tone. The color was as expected which appeared on the darker side. Obvious hop taste however no overbearing alcohol after taste. Citrus flavor on the palate and quite smooth going down. This one will sneak up on you if you are not careful. I would rather take a six home than sit and drink more than two.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kunt (6) - Michigan, USA - FEB 24, 2011 does not count
I didnít realize that this brewery was right down the street until I passed it the other day. I grabbed myself a six-pack of Hopknocker and BAM! I was impressed. It has a smoothness about it, yet its thicker than expected. Iím sure this is a beer that could be drank cold, or warm.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
IAMCNDN (2) - USA - JUL 19, 2006 does not count
Again, not a beer perfectionist like others in here, but I really like what this IPA offers. Not too hoppy but has enough kick to let you know its an IPA. Great colour, who cares how much head it has. And you gotta love the logo.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bluto1978 (12) - Michigan, USA - SEP 28, 2009
Alot of hops, burning sensation from all the alcohol. Great label. Better on draft than bottle, best beer they make.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jpatrix (14) - Michigan, USA - JUN 25, 2010
Poured from a bottle into a pint glass. A dark translucent amber color. Darker than expected but appealing. Smell was typical of IIPAís I have had before but this had more of a hop aroma. A deep carmel taste with hints of citrus but not overpowered by the hops. The 9.5% abv is not glaring. A more robust feel that was quite delightful. Worth a try.