overall
Brewed by Weissbierbrauerei G. Schneider & Sohn
Style: Weizen Bock
Kelheim, Germany

RATINGS: 3036   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.99   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Deep and complex – for big and relaxing moments by the fire.

Dark-ruby colored wheat doppelbock with a creamy fine head. Strong notes of ripe bananas, raisins and plums meet liquorice and roasty aromes. Full-bodied and warming, with a well-balanced and smooth finish. The ideal companion for hearty roast meat, venison and also fruity chocolate desserts, “Kaiserschmarrn” (pancakes), “Elisenlebkuchen” (christmas cookies) or blue cheese.

Oldest wheat doppelbock of Bavaria. Since 1907. 18.5°

Jeronimus99 (35) - Moscow, RUSSIA - SEP 6, 2001
I was really and pleasantly shocked when I had this wonderfull beer first time in one pub of Helsinki. Can’t wait the moment when I’ll find the opportunity to have it draught (although some of beerlovers think that bottled Aventinus is better). Anyway it’s the best dark wheat bock at all from my point of view!

Chasboy99 (6) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 8, 2001 does not count
One of the best beers I have ever tasted, especially from a bottle.

Kodos (200) - USA - SEP 25, 2001
I really cant get enough of this beer! Not sure you’ll agree, but I’ll trade you 2 cases of Duvel for one of this!

chuck99 (10) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - JUL 15, 2002
Best example of style period. One of my top 3 beers

tomseaman (35) - Alpine, California, USA - JUL 24, 2002
It’s replaced Salvator as my favorite in this style. Truly an exceptional (if all too costly) beer.

Ludwig (60) - USA - APR 6, 2003
This is one wonderful beer. Best served from bottle, not tap !! Leave about an inch in the bottle and shake it real hard then pour the remaining amount in your glass this will distribute the yeast.

rfelderhoff (3) - USA - AUG 17, 2003 does not count
Drinking this beer makes my heart sing. I can think of nothing better to accompany jaeger schnitzel.

Bodomite (34) - USA - APR 8, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2004 Extremely good taste sweet and with small hints of banana! Thick head extremely nice aroma with hints of cloves. My now #1 favorite beer of all time! Highly reccomended to anyone!

dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 7, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 16, 2004 I continuually re-rate this one and now it is amongst my favorites. Perfect every time. smells like sweet cloves and tastes like banana, caramel, cola, wood, and a hint of cigar! Fantastically well pitched flavour! I am so surprised to have discovered this beer. Hooray for Germany!

BobBarley (12) - CANADA - FEB 10, 2005
I don’t want to describe the taste. Other people are better at that than me. But here’s my testimony; If I was promised an unlimited supply of Aventinus, I would gladly give up all my possessions, friends and all that other useless nonsense. I don’t want to give a perfect rating, but sometimes you just have to.