overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2080   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
With its amber-mahogany coloring and streaked with fine top-fermented yeast, this beer has a fine, persistent head that adheres well to the glass. It is pleasantly fruity with a typical top-fermented smell, an aroma of clove and nutmeg apple tantalizes the nose. On the tongue it is fresh, clean, full-bodied, harmonious and well-balanced. It finishes with a light, delicate taste of bitters leaving behind a sour impression.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Skidds (252) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 17, 2006
Paulaner and Erdinger move aside. This stuff was great, and my new favourite. I’m suprised I waited as long as I did to try this. Poured a light brown with a thick frothy head. Fruity, yeasty, and somewhat spicy aroma and taste. Strong, but pleasant tastes of oranges and pears all the way through. Great Hefeweizen, I shall be having this again soon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
millstadtguy (50) - Millstadt, Illinois, USA - NOV 15, 2006
Good dark amber color with large white head. Storong aroma of spice. Good pronounced flavor of spice, berry and banana. A good standar.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
pojo41 (315) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - NOV 6, 2006
Bottle. Unlike most weissbier this is a darker amber color. Very nice look and creamy head. You will actually find yeast at the bottom of your glass as you drink. This was my introduction to hefeweizens and really turned me on to them. Unfortunately, I cannot find it where I live.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JasonBMoore (22) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 5, 2006
Michael Jackson’s Ultimate Beer book features this as the prime example of the Southern German Hefeweizen so I had to try it. The body perplexed me- clear amber as opposed to your typical cloudy, unfiltered hefeweizen. The head was nice- big creamy and fizzy. The aroma was subtle- yeast, cloves, and spice. The smooth and again, subtle banana flavor was delivered with strong carbonation that sings on your tongue followed by a sharp cleansing finish. This is a good hefeweizen- worthy of being the prime example? No, I think Paulaner deserves that distinction.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ibrew2or3 (8107) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - NOV 1, 2006
Clear copper color with thin white head. Aroma of sweet malts and wheat with a hint of spice from the yeast. Taste starts off with sweet malt flavors and then becomes a bit grainy with some yeast spiciness. Then midway a sweet fruity flavor appears that seems to go from figs and apples to banana and then back to figs and apples. Nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Borup (11352) - Albertslund, DENMARK - OCT 31, 2006
Bottle. Cloudy orange colour with a huge head. Fruit and yeast aroma nad flavour.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
HarryFlashman (469) - Chatham, Kent, ENGLAND - OCT 27, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 27, 2006 I enjoyed this beer. Dark in colour and fairly strong tasting. Sweet and refreshing - Sehr gut!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
boojummy (50) - Medford, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 26, 2006
This was one of the first beer styles I had that turned me on to beer. I was in Germany during my early 20’s, at a biergarten during a beautiful spring day. It may have been Schneider Weisse, too, but I can’t remember. Poured with a sticky, huge, largely bubbled white head. Aroma like citrus, clove, and bread. Very lively carbonation. Flavor reminds me of a Wit somewhat, except that this is vastly more crisp and refreshing. Extremely smooth malt flavor, some clove and banana in there too. Alcoholic strength looming in the background... reminds me that when I had this at the aforementioned biergarten, I went on a wild bike ride with a girl who was a bit more accustomed to drinking and cyling than I was... weeee! Mineraly, mildly hoppy and dry finish. Great beer. There’s a lot there to taste and think about.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
davegore (223) - liverpool, Merseyside, ENGLAND - OCT 26, 2006
bottle from an indy beer seller, poured a cloudy orange with a fluffy white head that lasted quite well, strong aroma of banana on first smell and some sweetenss too. in the mouth are lots of banana with a yeast background but has a sweetish taste as well, finishes long which i like

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
bb (8536) - Alamo, California, USA - OCT 23, 2006
Bottle. Dark amber beer with a huge beige head. Banana, clove, wheat aroma. Banana, wheat flavor. Nice balance. Lighter bodied and easy drinking.