overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 821   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Features the nutty quench of a wheat ale combined with the delightful aromatics and subtle flavor contributed by Maine wild blueberries. Seasonal Blueberry Wheat Ale from Maine

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
lagermonkey (725) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAY 9, 2005
From a 12oz. bottle. This ale is a clear reddish-gold. Head is thin and quickly dissipates. There is no smell save the blueberries. Very one dimensional. Tastes of blueberries of course. Leaves a bittersweet aftertaste. This is similiar to their raspberry wheat ale but the blueberries are tart and offer more bitterness, adding to the complexity of the taste. Medium bodied with a decent aftertaste. A decent ale but I will probably leave the rest for my wife.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
osmg95 (44) - Florida, USA - MAY 7, 2005
This beer definately has itís place: when you canít get your girlfriend/wife to drink beer with you. Iíll admit, I enjoyed the first few sips of this beer. Hey, I like blueberries! But what happened to the rest of the beer? Itís more watery and thin then my pound and ground Miller Lite! Now, itís not terrible at all. A real hot day....sitting by the pool..... and you girlfriend ran out of liquor....give her one of these "wine coolers". Iíll finish off my 6 pack and that will be my only experience with this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GirlyBeer (190) - Old Orchard Beach, Maine, USA - APR 23, 2005
This beer starts out with an overwhelming blue berry smell. Itís got a good wheat ale color. I find though that this beer reminds me of a blueberry muffin.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
yayforbeer (752) - Orange Park, Florida, USA - APR 15, 2005
Clear pale yellow beer with no head. Fairly strong aroma of blueberries. Flavor is blueberry and bland american wheat ale. Not bad but somewhat of a disappointment, and I wasnít expecting much. Would have been better unfiltered. Drinkable but mediocre.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - APR 10, 2005
A very interesting take on a wheat beer...aroma like blueberry muffins...color nontypical for a wheat(a copper/brown, compared to a usual cloudy yellow). Very full blueberry flavor, but finishes a little light. However a quite enjoyable beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MrRomero (1975) - Nolanville, USA - MAR 19, 2005
Bottle: pours yellow with a small disappearing white head. I smelled the blueberries from a foot away after opening the bottle. I was expecting a purplish drink and was somewhat disappointed it was yellow. The bottle says "blueberry flavor". Whereís the color of blueberries? Aroma of blueberries, taste of blueberries, thin golden ale qualities. If you like blueberries, this is for you. And I must admit I like blueberries.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - MAR 13, 2005
Tastes like a blueberry muffin. A decent ale that smells just like blueberrys and tastes somewhat like blueberrys and little else. The wheat ale that this was added to is a little light, though a decent ale. A little too one-noted and light. Really gay bottle design too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
5000 (6300) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - MAR 10, 2005
Bottle pours a translucent golden, large white fizzy head, spotty lacing, with soft carbonation. † Very strong Blueberry aroma, strong enough to knock out anything else. † Reminds me of Blueberry pancakes. † Somewhat artificial Blueberry like flavor immediately up front. † For a wheat beer it isnt as thick/heavy as I would have liked, but I guess thats to be expected. † Medium body and mouthfeel. † Strong Blueberry finish. † Seems a bit more unsweetened at the finish. † Not as good as New Glarus, but for a Blueberry Ale I thought it was quite pleasing. † Very light, and full of Blueberry aroma & flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bassangler68 (2) - USA - FEB 26, 2005 does not count
This is one of my favorite Sea Dog brews. I love the fact that itís not real heavy and enjoy the hint of Maine Wild Blueberries!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Dixen (1465) - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA - FEB 20, 2005
Smells like artificial berries, hubba bubba gum! Pale yellow body, no head at all. Tastes watery and agian fruity in an artificial way.