overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 827   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Features the nutty quench of a wheat ale combined with the delightful aromatics and subtle flavor contributed by Maine wild blueberries. Seasonal Blueberry Wheat Ale from Maine

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
richlikebeer (838) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2005
on tap at MacGradyís, pour is a clear gold color, not cloudy as i expected from wheat beer. the aroma is sweet and strong with blueberries. the flavor was more understated, as the blueberries were more of a background taste to the crisp sweetness of the wheat. the body was thin and light, and was very crisp and refreshing. not a bad wheat beer, but i wanted more blueberries.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
swirl (267) - collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAY 17, 2005
Wow I was almost expecting this one to pour out with a purplish tint. Instead I was treated to a clear honey golden ale with a nice white head. The aroma was, well it was very strong on the blueberries, but there was a fainter aroma of cotton candy. The flavor actually highlights the wheat with the blueberry having a weaker presence in the mouth. A nice display of hops along with more of that cotton candy. A truly great tasting beer for the summer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jeppe (2631) - ōlbutikken, DENMARK - MAY 16, 2005
Disappearing head, golden body. Aroma of smelly feet and blueberry - artificial and sticky. Blueberry candy flavor, sweet and artificial and not very beerish. No wheat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
skisangelo (60) - Collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAY 15, 2005
It pours a nice clear wheat color. The aroma is as expected, blueberries. The taste starts off very bland, no flavor, but ends with a decent blueberry aftertaste. The more you drink it the more you realize youíre drinking a golden colored blueberry muffin... not for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Firemoose15 (567) - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 13, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2005 On draft at a local pub that has many fine crafts I have yet to sample. Strong blueberry aroma really makes you wonder if itís a beer. Mild wheat to it that the blueberry masks. Not a bad alternative and Iíd rate it better than a BMC.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 12, 2005
Ever have one of those blueberry cereal bars? This is seems like Kellogs in a glass with a alcohol added. But it has some redeeming qualities. I enjoy the small bite I get from the aftertaste and its a good beer to have after drinking heavy duty stuff. The aftertaste sticks around for a bit. Usually when I have a good brew, my dog Max comes over to sniff it. This time he moved away from it. He was repelled and so was my wife. Maybe I should have tested this on a sea dog? How such a light beer is a winter one evades me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
lagermonkey (725) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAY 9, 2005
From a 12oz. bottle. This ale is a clear reddish-gold. Head is thin and quickly dissipates. There is no smell save the blueberries. Very one dimensional. Tastes of blueberries of course. Leaves a bittersweet aftertaste. This is similiar to their raspberry wheat ale but the blueberries are tart and offer more bitterness, adding to the complexity of the taste. Medium bodied with a decent aftertaste. A decent ale but I will probably leave the rest for my wife.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
osmg95 (44) - Florida, USA - MAY 7, 2005
This beer definately has itís place: when you canít get your girlfriend/wife to drink beer with you. Iíll admit, I enjoyed the first few sips of this beer. Hey, I like blueberries! But what happened to the rest of the beer? Itís more watery and thin then my pound and ground Miller Lite! Now, itís not terrible at all. A real hot day....sitting by the pool..... and you girlfriend ran out of liquor....give her one of these "wine coolers". Iíll finish off my 6 pack and that will be my only experience with this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GirlyBeer (190) - Old Orchard Beach, Maine, USA - APR 23, 2005
This beer starts out with an overwhelming blue berry smell. Itís got a good wheat ale color. I find though that this beer reminds me of a blueberry muffin.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
yayforbeer (753) - Orange Park, Florida, USA - APR 15, 2005
Clear pale yellow beer with no head. Fairly strong aroma of blueberries. Flavor is blueberry and bland american wheat ale. Not bad but somewhat of a disappointment, and I wasnít expecting much. Would have been better unfiltered. Drinkable but mediocre.