Senojo Vilniaus Kvietinis Alus

Style: Wheat Ale
Vilnius, Lithuania
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.65/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.71   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Šis alus gaminamas iš vandens, miežinio ir kvietinio salyklo, apynių ir alaus mielių. Šis alus ypatingai gaivus ir lengvas, šiek tiek karstelėjęs, išsiskiriantis vos juntamu vaisių prieskoniu. Gamybos metu neatskirtos alaus mielės suteikia alui balkšvą matinį atspalvį.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Holmen1 (2003) - Stavanger, NORWAY - OCT 21, 2013
Flaske delt med Willy, som hadde den med fra Vilnius: en slank hveteřl med lite aroma og kortvarig skum. Smaker godt og er sikkert en fin třrstedrikk om sommeren. Kort ettersmak.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Derbeth (198) - Kraków, POLAND - JUL 19, 2013
Lots of clove in the aroma, not much yeast. Amber colour, small head. Middle sweetness. Quite ok. Bottle.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
zenkis (497) - Ogre, LATVIA - NOV 11, 2012
Awful. Although word "senojo" means old, ancient, all beers from this series is full of licorice. Very full. Like some herb beers. Pale amber in color. It should be "Licorice Vilniaus". I didn’t felt wheat at all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Glouglouburp (5929) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 29, 2012
In short: A solid wheat ale wrapped in a surprising scented flower bouquet. Very good
How: Bottle 500ml at Bambalyne, Vilnius, Lithuania
The look: Cloudy blonde body topped by a long lasting small white head leaving good lacings
In long: I will not go into a detailed description of this beer. I had the Vilniaus Kvietinis on tap and bottle a few times while in Lithuania (see my rating) and then I had this Senojo Vilniaus Kvietinis in bottle. The Vilniaus Alus website lists the Senojo Kvietinis and regular Kvietinis as two different products. To me there are a lot more similarities than differences, it even had that very unique flowery essence aroma of the Vilniaus Kvietinis. Actually I thought my Senojo Kvietinis tasted like a somewhat tired regular Vilniaus Kvietinis with everything toned down a bit. Still a very good beer but I prefer the Vilniaus Kvietinis but it might simply be because of the freshness. Similar or identical beers? I don’t know but the brewery clearly lists them and labels them as two different products, so here’s my tick rating. I nice discovery on the last day of my Lithuanian beer trip. Other people prefer to visit museums instead of pubs when they travel, that’s fine with me, they are the people who chose culture over debauchery, and on a scale of 1 to 10 I give these people an 11 (this is my polite way to tell them they don’t even exist to me).