RATINGS: 802   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
A Bohemian Black Lager is a rare and delicious style of beer, referred to in Germany as "Schwarzbier". Shiner Bohemian Black Lager remains true to this old-world style by using imported Czech Saaz and Styrains Hops and select roasted malts to make it our darkest beer. First brewed to commemorate our 97th anniversary, this Bohemian Black Lager remains true to the old-world heritage of the German and Czech immigrants that settled Shiner. Prosit!

AndyW68's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
AndyW68 (1235) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 5, 2013
Decent, not great. Dark brown with tan head. Arona of hops and roasted malt. Taste is the same with a little coffee. Balanced well, but has a watery feel.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
barroso2501 (36) - Brasilia, BRAZIL - SEP 16, 2015
Pouca espuma e nao persistente. Aroma com um q de sabão. Sabor pouco marcante, com torrados e baunilha. Nada demais.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerRenter76 (341) - Texas, USA - SEP 11, 2015
Originally rated on 1/31/08. Have to say this is my favorite shiner product so far. It pours out a black body with a tan head, slightly malty with a slightly bitter aftertaste. I prefer the sam adams black lager to this one however it costs about a third less. worth trying.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
thornecb (4920) - Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 8, 2015
Pours mahogany tinged black into a shaker. Mocha head with little retention recedes to mottle surface. Dusty cocoa aromas. Dry with sweet dark caramel and toasted nuts front to back. Medium length cocoa finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MarinEvelyn (701) - Wisconsin, USA - SEP 3, 2015
Malt and bittersweet chocolate are the loudest points in this beer for me. Not bad, well balanced, nothing too awesome but a very enjoyable beer 🍺

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerbaaron (1749) - Arizona, USA - SEP 3, 2015
Deep mahogany, lasting creamy khaki head. Aroma is light cocoa, toasty base malt, some light fruitiness. Flavor has more character. More cocoa, some nice light roastiness, dark fruit, some toast and caramel. Semi dry. Bigger light to lighter medium body. Maybe the best Shiner brew I’ve had, but I am a sucker for schwarzbier these days..

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OnTheTrail (137) - Virginia, USA - AUG 29, 2015
Pours black with quickly dissipating lacy head. Aroma of burnt toast. Taste of carmel and bread, maybe a little coffee. Slightly sweet, very little hops. My first schwarzbier so take that as a caveat

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
CardsPackHawks (135) - Illinois, USA - AUG 11, 2015
Got this as part of a variety pack my Mom picked up in Texas, while visiting my Uncle. I am not a fan of dark beers and this is just not my thing. However, it is not as bad as I was expecting and I would guess that those who like the style would enjoy it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ozzy70 (205) - - AUG 8, 2015
12 oz. bottle. Pours black, with small off white head. Aroma of coffee and malt. Taste of coffee and malt.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
shoulderbroken (2884) - Tokyo, JAPAN - JUL 26, 2015
Bottle. Roasty, bit of choc, malty sweetness, nice enough. Little bit of spice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jinroh (803) - ESTONIA - JUL 24, 2015
Brown pour, bit of foam. Aroma is soft, roasted, hint of chocololate. Taste is easygoing but not watery, you can feel the roast but there is not too much of it. Aftertaste is short, nice and drying. Schwarz is not really my favourite beerstyle but I guess this one has been executed quite well.