overall

RATINGS: 124   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Handcrafted from two special varieties of hops and a blend of rich imported malts to make this the darkest lager possible.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
shrubber85 (9626) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - OCT 19, 2007
Bottle. Slightly sour corn malt aroma. Medium amber with large head. Sweet corn syrup and toasted malt flavor - hint of pecans. LIght hops finish. Decent beer - although not cloying, still a bit too sweet for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
cbkschubert (2900) - BFE, Arizona, USA - OCT 18, 2007
12 oz. bottle from Plaza Liquor - Pours a clear deep copper color with a two finger thick off white head. Lively tiny bubble carbonation. Nice lacing. Aroma is light grain and toasted malt, and light herbal hops. Flavor is toasted malt. A smooth, medium body beer. Pretty good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
clasley (153) - Arkansas, USA - SEP 29, 2007
355 ml bottle. Pours a nice amber with a dense white head. Nice malty aroma. Medium to light body. Initially semi-sweet turning to a very slight hoppy finish. Decent balance. Better than average Shiner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
pants678 (13) - Ft Worth, Texas, USA - SEP 29, 2007
For starters it has a very nice aroma, and the color is exactly what I’m looking for in an amber. Complex taste, as well, a hint of blonde behind the spices.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - SEP 17, 2007
This brew is very light amber in color with a fizzy, foamy head when poured. The aroma is malty, light, with a bit of hops. The taste is sweeter than I expected, and more hoppy as well with some malty notes. Initially, I liked this one quite a bit. However, after one bottle it seemed to become thinner and more watery. I’m sure it was just me, but I didn’t enjoy it as much after the first. The finish was pretty typical Shiner, but more dry than the Bock. I liked it, but I doubt I buy it again. If I buy any Shiner brew it will be Bock.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Headbanger (3663) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - SEP 15, 2007
12oz bottle-A light amber body iwth a huge white head and an aroma of malt, toffee, and slight hops. Taste of sweet malt and more sweetness with a somewhat dry finish. Not bad but not good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
wshores (58) - Saltillo, Texas, USA - SEP 9, 2007
good for the style, but it is not my favorite style. I did buy it again though

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bmw182tx (2) - Grapevine, Texas, USA - SEP 5, 2007 does not count
I enjoy this beer...but I like the bock better...there is a slight after taste with the 98 that I could do without, but thats just me

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - SEP 4, 2007
may be the best thing to come from shiner. just some basic malt and hops notes. metallic. leaves you thirsty. feels like not much alcohol.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
HueyBryan (40) - Rotan, Texas, USA - SEP 4, 2007
I enjoyed this one also, I wish they would keep this one in the lineup. It had a great flavor from start to finish. It went excellent with the steaks I grilled. It has a tad more flavor than the others, but in a good way. There are hints of caramel and the hops really do fit in nicely in this beer.