overall

RATINGS: 1787   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.58   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
vanvenlo (1440) - Glen Iris, AUSTRALIA - AUG 24, 2004
7 May 2004 - Sampled 2004AIBA - Burnt fruit aroma, red brown, soap suds lacing, bitter and light tasting, fizzy, bodyless. Overall its a nothing and how can you call this a Bock.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bb (7510) - Alamo, California, USA - AUG 17, 2004
Bottle. Dark amber color with a huge off-white head. Light aroma of malt and a hint of earthy spiciness. Slight sulpher finish but otherwise an easy drinking beer. Hint of roastiness.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Padron4KM (665) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - AUG 15, 2004
pours a rich burnt copper. not much head. no lace. Aroma is mostly malty, caramel and yeast. Body is thin, flavor is one dimensional. Caramel. maybe some corn. metalic aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SDalkoholic (2232) - Linda Vista, California, USA - AUG 13, 2004
Warm brown colored beer that has a bit of a flat taste to it. Also only in the soapy head i can taste either a dab nutmeg, cinnamon or some kind of spice.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
NYHarvey (2153) - New York, New York, USA - AUG 11, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 8, 2007 June 25, 2006 Re-Rate <P> Aroma is grains and gasses and scant else. Body is a dark amber and holds a diminishing pinky thin tan head. Very light palate. Some mild corn/grain/bread notes and just a hint of corn starch-like sweetness. Feels crisp in the mouth due to ample carbonation. Better than I recall, but this is still a very plain jane brew, but it is at least pleasantly plain. <P> Original rating 1.1 <P> I may have got this confused with something else, but I thought Iíd read good things about it. The Bartender, Susie, knew her beer and warned me against it, but I thought she was just being snobbish cause it was American. I should have listened. I think this is the placebo they give the folks in those controlled medical studies cause itís nothing but sugar water. Awful....thanks for not charging me for it, Susie.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
mongkut4 (132) - Florida, USA - AUG 9, 2004
This really isnít a bock, but more of an amber. I would drink it ahead of Michelob Amberbock, which also isnít really a bock. But thatís saying next to nothing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Copper color...malty aroma...very sweet tasting almost like a flat soda pop...very easy to drink...I know several people that this is "the only dark beer" theyíll drink...I hate my friends...

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Emil (6065) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - AUG 3, 2004
Copper color, light caramel malt aroma and taste, light body, light weak finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
crzybob77 (530) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - AUG 2, 2004
This is an OK beer and I donít mind drinking it, but it is just a step above the cheap american lagers out there. I would say this barely crosses the gap between a beer you drink to get drunk and a beer you drink to enjoy.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
drewdogg (62) - USA - JUL 31, 2004
Lacks aroma, but decent body and nice caramel malted flavor. While this would be far from my first choice in beer, I really like Shiner Bock and drink it semi-regularly.