overall

RATINGS: 1714   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2003
stumbled into this beer in a lounge in DC. Everyone looked at me like i was crazy. A light block with with an average "feel." I would say that the description is about 20% acurate... but i'm not saying why :)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
kyzr (1148) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - SEP 16, 2003
Good amber color with average head. Not a ton of aroma, but its there. Light roast flavor, but too much fiz for me. Decent drinking bock for warm climate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bu11zeye (11940) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 9, 2003
Decent Texan bock beer. Common as Budweiser, Miller, and Coors across Texas. Has a deep amber color and medium head.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
carboloader (673) - Houston, Texas, USA - SEP 9, 2003
From bottle. Pours clear dark brown/ruby with a medium foamy light amber head that slowly dissipates. Only good served cold. Aroma is hops but mostly malt and maybe corn. Flavor is pretty generic, with slightly tart taste and then slightly sweet. More flavor than mass market brews (and more style if you live in Texas), but not great. I find it easy to drink, and I like the slight carbonation, but I typically only drink it when it's on sale, or at parties.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 7, 2003
I'd say a step or two above your typical BMC product. Maybe it was the fact I ate very little yesterday, but had could feel the small 4.41% after one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
evilpsych (34) - USA - SEP 2, 2003
just cant get enough of this stuff properly served on a hot texas day. definitely not a beer to drink warm, but treated me right after a 6er.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Terminus (3231) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - AUG 31, 2003
well, there you have it, the most common session brew here in new mexico without bud/miller/coors crap. pretty boring, but none the less, when its the best thing alot of bars have on tap, i go for it

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - AUG 27, 2003
This bock pours a clear, dark, ruby red color with a rapidly dissipating, thin white head. The aroma is faint with a touch of malts and caramel. It has a light body with lively carbonation and a crisp mouthfeel. The flavor is only slightly malty up front, with nothing in the finish. Overall, avery bland and tasteless beer that needs some more malt to make it a true bock. Unimpressed.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Perceptron (32) - USA - AUG 25, 2003
After reading through the ratings for this beer it seems as though all the 5 stars are based on Texas people: "wooohoo Texas yeah! Right on!" While all the lowest reviews actually talk about the aroma, taste, etc. Shiner has an undeniable flaked corn aroma with little barley malt and no hop presence. When I initially moved to Dallas in 1993 I was 23 and I liked this stuff. We had a kegerator in our apartment and went through 3 kegs in a row. After that I could not stand the sight or smell of the stuff. Now, years later when I can discern flavors (and that I care too) I find it very similar to any BudMillerCoors offering with a handful of medium crystal malt thrown in for color. Shiner is a mystique beer though and is sought after by people who do not get it (pun intended). North Texas be dammed. We have the highest crime, most polluted air, and crappiest regional beer. We are indeed, number one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 20, 2003
This is supposed to be a bock? Anyway, it is very thin-bodied, and not very malty at all. I would say it is much more wheaty and yeasty than anything else.