overall

RATINGS: 1701   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BBB63 (5937) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - AUG 12, 2003
My "reminds me of Texas" beer. The Lone Star state's session beer, okay on a hot summer day for it is moderately refreshing and not very filling. Light amber hue with minimal head retention. Candy malt and zesty hop aroma. Taste is rather bland but not offensive. Thin to medium-bodied with a watery and lively mouthfeel. Like I stated, an session beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
notalush (4748) - Denver, Colorado, USA - AUG 10, 2003
Can someone say "the bud of bocks?" - because I sure can - I had this in a country music bar, which naturally made me want to get drunk as quickly as possible, but I could stilll hardly bring myself to drink this stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hopscotch (8776) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 10, 2003
Pleasantly surprised! Crystal clear mohogany lager. Small, fizzy white head. The aroma is very vineous and tart. Lemon and cabernet. Smells a bit like a geueze, actually. Malty flavor with bold shots of beef broth and tawny port. A touch tart and astringent. Well-balanced. Medium-bodied with a silky mouthfeel and fizzy carbonation. Short, dry finish with a touch of clover. I guess I'll go way against the grain here and say that I really dig this beer!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BtownBrewer (91) - Belchertown, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 10, 2003
Thick sticky looking off-white head. Medium brownish-red to copper color. Very light on body. Now, I've been under the horrible misconception for years that a bock was close to a stout in style: dark, thick, full bodied, etc. Can't explain how it happened, but I'm set straight now. Also, I'd had some not-so-great beers on the same night I had this, and my initial reaction (when combined with my lack of knowing what a real bock should be) was that this wasn't all that bad. A little time and consideration made me realize that it wasn't all that good either. I've since questioned how much better it really is from Bud, but I have none left to do a side-by-side comparison. Maybe it's for the best.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
TogBean (47) - Belchertown, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 5, 2003
Sorry I tried this one. I've had a hate, hate relationship with bananas since I was a child. Something to do with ear infection medication. And Banana was the first thing I smelled with this one. it also had hints of caramel and coffe but I had a real hard time with the few sips that I had. This ones not makin it into my house again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - AUG 4, 2003
Nice carmel color, with week scent of malt; thin body little taste; left no real impression...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 4, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2004 Pours an amber orange with a very small white head. Wet cardboard aroma, nonexistent taste and watery mouthfeel. Perhaps the worst bock that I've ever tasted. Much better than budcoorsmiller.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - AUG 2, 2003
Clearish coppery brown with small top of ivory colored foam that doesn't last, lace in minimal spotty fashion. Smell is mostly caramel with a bit of molasses, soft & plain malty nose thats fair but not moderate. Taste is a thinnish caramel malt with a toffee or molasses hinting in some bigger sips, but it really lacks a good flavor punch. Its just enough to take notice but not enough to enjoy really, kinda bland for a bock. Feel is a diluted mess thats a bit watered down and thin for a bock as well. Not much to it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 17, 2003 A fairly bland beer and therefore not much of a bock. However, it is drinkable in a pinch and superior to the usual macro suspects.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
haddon90 (1423) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 13, 2003
I'm very used to Amber Bock. But this isn't too bad. A nice dark pour and a good smooth taste. Not quite a bock but it's still a good beer to drink on a warm sunny day.