RATINGS: 1807   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.41%
Is a distinctive, rich, full-flavored, deep amber-colored beer with an inviting smooth taste without excessive bitterness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
ShaneStump (2) - Bryan, Texas, USA - MAY 11, 2004 does not count
Really a good beer with BBQ or if the only other beers served begin with a Bud___!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MrKevvie (29) - Texas, USA - MAY 9, 2004
Good beer if you just want something you can find easily and want a decent beer. Has a lovely colour and a good aroma. Flavour can be a bit metallic at times, but i find that this varies. One of my favorite every day beers.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
GEOBRAU (188) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - MAY 9, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 27, 2005 Tap: poured a rich creamy head. Tan in color. Not anything to write home about. Reminds me of Amber -Bock with just a tad bit of sourness(not unpleasent) in the finish. rerate 2/27/05 Horrid cooked corn swill

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
grat (433) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 8, 2004
I’m from Texas. Thus my DNA spells Shiner Bock. I love this brew. Another example of something much better out of the bottle than on draught. I’ve drunk more of this than water in my lifetime. Beer looks like a good solid dark amber bock; nice white head and nicely carbonated. Smells like a big Germans wet jock. Dry and fetid smelling. Something admirable in a brew. Tastes interestingly yeasty and cheesy, I love that about this brew. It’s cheap but it smells like a belgian. (to me you purists will probably cut my sack off for that). Aftertaste is dry and bittering. Spritzy and watered down on the palate. Another thing you’ll find in most Texas brews. Unbelievable drinkability. In austin we drink this like it were the fountain of youth. My liver has Shiner Bock tatooed on it. G-rat

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mockerboy (52) - Kansas, USA - MAY 5, 2004
Pours dark wiht an off white head. Taste is of light malt, very mild but crisp. Smooth with a nice aftertaste. Maybe a little weak for a bock but very good nonetheless.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Suttree (5682) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 30, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2004 Brown, like a Dr. Pepper. Sizey head that disappears quickly. Toasted malt aroma. Overly carbonated, overly sweet, overly watery. Faint finish. I used to realy like this stuff, but it doesn’t hold up.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
hershiser2 (1568) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - APR 23, 2004
Medium brown in color, no head to speak of. Smell definitely leaves something to be desired for... as does the taste. Very watery and almost flavorless. Nothing I'd buy again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - APR 20, 2004
Its not distinctive but otherwise commercial deScription pretty accurate. One thing they did miss. Its a bit watery. Not as bitter as a Bock should be in my opinion. Could have been worse but honestly its a average beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Skip (206) - Indiana, USA - APR 14, 2004
Better with food than without. Light in aroma and flavor. A better-than-average effort for a regional commercial brewer, but not worth searching out. Perhaps it is improved if available on tap, but I shall likely never know...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 14, 2004
This may be crap compared to others, but still far better than any other of the major three.